Saturday PM Practice Report

jacketguy

Damn Good Rat
Last evenings practice was very spirited, with alot of hard hitting..

Nate Curry had a great practice.. so did Levon.. the receivers caught the ball much better, but Fred dropped a couple he should have had..

The OL looks solid.. Honeycutt is having a great camp.. I also liked the way that Wallace played.. you cant say much about Reilly, Dorsey, etc.. they just continue to look good.

R. Grant can hit a hole in a hurry.. and is very elusive in the open field..

From my vantage point, Chris Woods had another super practice.. he is patient, and seems to see the field well.. a couple of times he took "nothing" and gained 4 yards..

Matthews is looking good at his new position..

Wrotto continues to be a force, the coaches are coaching him hard.. he clearly has the size and talent..

Brezina and Newberry had another good day as well..

The QB's looked a little more equal today.. Ball made the best throws in terms of decisions and accuracy, Suggs looked much more consistent today.. he had a good practice... Carter is clearly lagging Suggs and Ball, but had a couple of plays where he had the opportunity to show his elusiveness... he can move.. Ball still seems a little more comfortable, and made a couple of good decisions to eat the ball ..

The defensive backfield covered well, and has alot of speed.. they love to hit..

There were alot of penalties.. and the kicking game is about where you would expect it to be.. good, but not consistent..

The D is still clearly ahead of the O.. but the O did run a much more varied offense.. the execution on O also improved alot from the Thurs practice..

I liked the up tempo practice.. I liked the hitting I saw... I liked the fact that Bilbo seemed to be enjoying himself out there.. I liked the coaching I saw..

With a little luck, these guys are going to surprise some people this year..

Originally posted by jacketguy:
I liked the fact that Bilbo seemed to be enjoying himself out there
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Best news I've had all day! Good report, thanks.

From Sports Illustrated:

During a Saturday night scrimmage, the three remaining quarterbacks all had their positive moments.

Freshman Reggie Ball, now taking a majority of snaps with the first team, connected with Nate Curry on a short pass that Curry turned into a 32-yard touchdown by breaking a tackle.

A.J. Suggs, who started all 13 games last season, led the Yellow Jackets on a 70-yard touchdown drive that included a 37-yard completion to Levon Thomas.

Another freshman, Patrick Carter, threw a 37-yard TD pass to Chris Dunlap and hooked up with Rashaun Grant for a 12-yard touchdown on a screen pass.

I am glad to hear that Dbo seemed to be enjoying himself at practice. Maybe "the move" has taken some of the pressure off of him and can better adapt at another position. I read in the paper that the RB experiment is over so can someone tell me at what position Dbo practiced? You can e-mail me if you like. Thanks

Thanks Jacketguy! Sounds like this team has alot of heart, determination, and focus!

Keep these great reports coming!!

blue.gif

Back