SCar offers less penalties than GT did!!

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Correct me if I'm wrong here. South Carolina has announced 10 NCAA violations of which 5 are classified as MAJOR . The Gamechokes are offering 6 less visits (heck GT doesn't even give but about 35 visits anyway) & 2 less 'ships per yr. Which means that they will only bring in 23 instead of the maximum of 25.
Does So Carolina just 'know' the NCAA penalty game better by being in the SEC (see Georgia getting penalties reduced for their Harrickgate)??? Or is Ga Tech's Athletic Department just plain stupid for offering 6 less 'ships per season (& we followed thru by only bringing in 19 this Fall) for the very minor mistakes we made which haven't been adjudicated yet???
Why didn't Ga Tech 1st offer 6 less visits & 2 less scholarships???? Explain GT's logic or lack thereof.

SCar annouces 5 Major NCAA violations

Not sure how true this is, but I have heard that the new lawyer we finally hired will probably get us out of this entire thing unscathed. Apparently the guy sat on the NCAA board in the past so he knows how they work. Don't know how true this is though.

Dave Braine needs to be held accoutable for not getting the lawyer in the first place. He made a really bad blunder in letting this thing go along without having anyone in place to defend us. When Dave Braine retires or is let go (which I don't see happening) will be a great day for GT. Too many mistakes and embaressments under his watch. His PR and marketing sucks to high hell.

[ QUOTE ]

Dave Braine needs to be held accoutable for not getting the lawyer in the first place. He made a really bad blunder in letting this thing go along without having anyone in place to defend us. When Dave Braine retires or is let go (which I don't see happening) will be a great day for GT. Too many mistakes and embaressments under his watch. His PR and marketing sucks to high hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had a Tech friend of mine refer to Braine's leadership over Gailey's program (and the numerous problems by the two) as the "near-sighted leading the blind". I find that sad but true.

BOO

Thanks for the

very good information. Thanks also about the info on the attorney that GT now has to help respond to the case. Why wasn't someone like this contacted way before Braine offered to give up 6 'ships per yr & still get questioned in front of the entire infractions committee?????
These very minor eligibility cases are usually settled without any, or no noticeable, punishment. They happen many times each & every season. How did ours make front page news across the land & it still ain't settled. This has been bungled, big-time.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Had a Tech friend of mine refer to Braine's leadership over Gailey's program (and the numerous problems by the two) as the "near-sighted leading the blind". I find that sad but true.

BOO

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing, you have friends.

Just don\'t know Ghost

Don't know if it's being unable to see what's coming or being unable to lead or just plain out not knowing what to do.

Back