School colors

PCBee

Varsity Lurker
I have been out of touch for a while, but the last time I was reading the posts, school colors were a big issue. I just got my alumni magazine a few days ago, and see that the official colors are to be white, gold and blue. According to the article this was actually decided in 1892 and confirmed by a letter in 1925. Are these to be the colors worn? Is blue to an accent color, or the color of home jerseys when necessary?

First time poster, long time lurker...

I have actually seen the colors policy passed by the GTAA board...it says that old gold and white will remain the primary colors, but, starting Sept. 2004, all uniforms must incorporate all three colors with the blue used primarily as an accent color. There are some standing exceptions for modesty reasons: swimming, track and field, volleyball. Also, baseball will have one navy road jersey, and golf will wear khaki pants with appropriate colored shirts. Other execeptions, like a blue football jersey or an all-blue basketball uniform, must be approved by the AD and can only be worn occasionally.

catjacket, thanks for the well stated post on the colors. You spilt that all out very well with a lot of great info.

Welcome to posting on the StinGTalk. Hope to see you around more!
smile.gif

Go Jackets!

Back