Scott Kennady

Scott Kennedy, a bit undersized for the prototype scout, but has the requisite tools to be competitive in that he needs glasses, never played football in college and loves the internet.

Kennedy has the shifty pencil moves to get any coach to salivate, but tends to use the eraser at times too much. his listening skills are at the top of the rankings, but Kennedy at time has trouble expressing what he heard in the best way

Pros:
good range, excellent pencil motion, exceptional listing skills, good typing ability, used to tv

Cons:
average writing skills, undersized (cant eat 10 hotdogs at halftime), slanted toward the southern recruits, bag man for Saban

Scott Kennedy, a bit undersized for the prototype scout, but has the requisite tools to be competitive in that he needs glasses, never played football in college and loves the internet.

Kennedy has the shifty pencil moves to get any coach to salivate, but tends to use the eraser at times too much. his listening skills are at the top of the rankings, but Kennedy at time has trouble expressing what he heard in the best way

Pros:
good range, excellent pencil motion, exceptional listing skills, good typing ability, used to tv

Cons:
average writing skills, undersized (cant eat 10 hotdogs at halftime), slanted toward the southern recruits, bag man for Saban

Sounds like he's a 4-star with some potential under the right system.

Sounds like he's a 4-star with some potential under the right system.

depends who he gets offers from. if Bama offers (they will for obvious reasons), then he will go to 4-star. same if UGA or FL offers. if he only gets ACC offers, except Miami, he will stay at 3. miami will get him to 4 also.

One of the things he said was that message boards don't affect recruiting. I get tired of hearing people make the bull**** statement that the boards DO affect recruiting. Yeah, right.

It was nice to hear that insight from someone as heavily involved in recruiting as Scott is.

depends who he gets offers from. if Bama offers (they will for obvious reasons), then he will go to 4-star. same if UGA or FL offers. if he only gets ACC offers, except Miami, he will stay at 3. miami will get him to 4 also.

Typical SEC bias.

One of the things he said was that message boards don't affect recruiting. I get tired of hearing people make the bull**** statement that the boards DO affect recruiting. Yeah, right.

It was nice to hear that insight from someone as heavily involved in recruiting as Scott is.

You don't think recruits and players read the boards? When Chan was about to get canned I'm sure there were many GT recruits who played the "wait and see" game to see if CG got fired and who the new coach would be. It's like reading the newspapers in years past.

So for Kennedy to say that message boards have absolutely NO impact on recruiting is wrong...

You don't think recruits and players read the boards? When Chan was about to get canned I'm sure there were many GT recruits who played the "wait and see" game to see if CG got fired and who the new coach would be. It's like reading the newspapers in years past.

So for Kennedy to say that message boards have absolutely NO impact on recruiting is wrong...

Scott is wrong? I guess you can say this since you are more of an expert in recruiting than he is, right?

Some people like to think they have an influence on recruits and whether or not a kid picks a certain school. I have news for you - you don't.

Scott is wrong? I guess you can say this since you are more of an expert in recruiting than he is, right?

Some people like to think they have an influence on recruits and whether or not a kid picks a certain school. I have news for you - you don't.

well, there is plenty of documented evidence to the contrary! there have been several articles written where a RECRUIT clearly states that HE WAS influenced by things that he read on a message board, so it may be that Scott knows a lot about recruiting (sort of). he is wrong on this one if he claims that it NEVER has an affect. does it have an affect in most cases? i would agree that it doesnt

You're putting quite a bit of faith in Scott Kennedy there, considering how blatantly wrong he so often is with his 'star rating' crap.

It's not just recruits but also parents of current players. Many of them post and/or lurk on the insider board. I remember the day AJ Smith committed he personally posted on the hive main board.

As for affecting recruiting, probably not so much but it can have a small impact.

well, there is plenty of documented evidence to the contrary! there have been several articles written where a RECRUIT clearly states that HE WAS influenced by things that he read on a message board, so it may be that Scott knows a lot about recruiting (sort of). he is wrong on this one if he claims that it NEVER has an affect. does it have an affect in most cases? i would agree that it doesnt

I agree. Although I'm not an expert on recruiting, I have read several articles with quotes from players who said that they read the boards and it influenced them. It was well discussed on either this board or The Hive (I read them both). Sorry, I don't have the references, I guess I never thought I'd have to reproduce them.

I also agree with the poster who said that parents read the boards also.

Anyway, even if it didn't affect recruiting, why would anyone want to say anything in a PUBLIC forum that might be misinterpreted in a bad way. Maybe it makes some people feel better to be able to shoot their mouth off, but that is just not smart.

I agree. Although I'm not an expert on recruiting, I have read several articles with quotes from players who said that they read the boards and it influenced them. It was well discussed on either this board or The Hive (I read them both). Sorry, I don't have the references, I guess I never thought I'd have to reproduce them.

I also agree with the poster who said that parents read the boards also.

Anyway, even if it didn't affect recruiting, why would anyone want to say anything in a PUBLIC forum that might be misinterpreted in a bad way. Maybe it makes some people feel better to be able to shoot their mouth off, but that is just not smart.
I dont think it affects recruiting as much as everybody makes it out too. Almost every team has someone that post stuff about wanting a new coach or something like that. If these kids put that much stock into what a bunch of us nerds, that they don't even know, say on some msg board then they arent going to be able to handle negative scrutney well when it comes and it will. Thats just part of being a big time ATH.

Yeah but the recruit is picking his future fanbase. Why the heck would a recruit want to go to a school that already has their fans bad mouthing them. I sure as heck wouldn't..

I don't think it has anywhere near the impact that some would have you believe, but I don't think it has none. I mean, if every post is negative or there is a war going on, a kid who's not sure about a school may decide to cross it off his list. But if a kid likes the coaches, etc., it probably would have little to no effect.

I dont think it affects recruiting as much as everybody makes it out too. Almost every team has someone that post stuff about wanting a new coach or something like that. If these kids put that much stock into what a bunch of us nerds, that they don't even know, say on some msg board then they arent going to be able to handle negative scrutney well when it comes and it will. Thats just part of being a big time ATH.

Stop calling me a nerd!

Back