Season tickets question and ramblings

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
If Tech sells +/- 20,000 season tickets a year, how many households receive those tickets? I am curious how many ticket packages went out this year, because that number might more accurately tell us how many Tech ticket "purchasers" we have.
For instance, I buy 5 tickets for my family. I'm a Tech Grad, if it were not for me, these 5 tickets would not be ordered. I represent 1 "purchaser". A newly married Tech Grad or fan may be ordering 2 Tech tickets for the first time, and bringing his Auburn Grad wife or Tulane Grad buddy from the office. He represents 1 "purchaser". I would guess very few people buy just 1 ticket.
I would also guess that the average number of tickets ordered by each "purchaser" is around 3 tickets. If that is true, Tech only has around 6 to 7,000 "purchasers". If this is anywhere close to accurate, the number of existing "purchasers" is very low, and suggests to me that there is still plenty of growth potential in the Tech Alumni area alone. And I feel that the greatest potential for new ticket buyers still lies in suburban families who are looking for a safe, festive, reasonably-priced college football and game-day experience.
Bottom line.....7000 current ticket buyers means that there is plenty of room for growth. 10,000 more seats being sold as season tickets next year should not be difficult if two things happen. First, Tech must maintain its winning ways, of course. Second, GTAA must get agressive and creative in its marketing.
Here's my idea for selling 10,000 more seats next year. It's called the LEGACY PLAN. Every current season ticket holder would be given the opportunity to buy up to 6 new North stands seats (on top of their current number of seats). These seats would be priced at $5 each, per game, for one year. The season ticket buyers who participate in this plan would get extra A-T points, and they would also be able to "sign" these new season tickets over to friends, family members, new alumni, co-workers, etc... These new season ticket owners become LEGACIES of the original ticket owners. The whole LEGACY concept would be fun and cheap to participate in, while generating thousands of new Tech fans and ticket buyers.
The plan sounds simple enough to work. What do you think? What changes and/or suggestions would you make?
BOO

well just so you wouldn't have to continue talking to yourself I'll chime in. I honestly think your idea is interesting. It kind of depends on what those seats are like for a game experience. I would be a little reluctant to try and sign over tickets to someone if I didn't think they would enjoy the game from those seats.

I agree we should get creative.

I'm a relatively recent alumni and I got season tickets my Senior year so I wouldn't have to deal with the hassle of getting student tickets while I was woried about interviewing and all the other stuff that comes with being a Tech student.

I know plenty of young alumni who either scam tickets off their fraternities or just go to a game or two. If we marketed the A-T young alumni program as well as the fact that for your first 5 years out of Tech you can get season tickets for a really cheap price in a decent location with very little out of pocket donations to the GTAA. I also work with several GT alumni that just don't seem to know what's available in terms of GT sports. It's kind of sad. I try to clue them in but if we did a better job marketing it wouldn't be so hard.

just my 0.02

Back