Secondary, where is the ball?

Walton

Damn Good Rat
Yeah, did we actually defend a pass; actually knock it out of the WRs hands? Maybe once or twice but I can’t remember for sure. That was the most disappointing thing to me: yes, we likely lose those battles most of the time but you have to win a few.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
It is obviously a part of AAC football to make the teams look good in the passing game. Allow holds to protect the QB's and let them throw. What would have been a flag in the Alabama/LSU game is overlooked playing backyard football.
That’s an interesting analysis. My take on it is just that the AAC has a chip on his shoulder that it’s not one of the big boy P5 conferences, they have an axe to grind, and their officials were not about to let their only decent team lose to a team picked to finish last in The ACC.

Gobees

Jolly Good Fellow
Never saw Walker turn around to look for the ball. Always facing downfield trying to catch up to his receiver.

Sims was either out of position or giving up 10-15 yds cushion. I think being out of position came from their tempo combined with our inexperience.
That tempo was ridiculously fast. Running to the line on long gains in order to snap the next play. Caught us out of position many times and probably led to the huge cushions and confusion.

Game film will be very instructive and helpful this week. That will hopefully lead to better play for the rest of the season.

AlaGold

Dodd-Like
Never saw Walker turn around to look for the ball. Always facing downfield trying to catch up to his receiver.

Sims was either out of position or giving up 10-15 yds cushion. I think being out of position came from their tempo combined with our inexperience.
That tempo was ridiculously fast. Running to the line on long gains in order to snap the next play. Caught us out of position many times and probably led to the huge cushions and confusion.

Game film will be very instructive and helpful this week. That will hopefully lead to better play for the rest of the season.
on the up-tempo--it REALLY hurts teams like us that short on depth and/or young.