Selling what I've Earned

56Jacket

Flats Noob
Selling what I\'ve Earned

To the GTAA officials who decided to cheapen what it means to be a Georgia Tech Lettermen:

I do not appreciate your decision to sell the exculsivity of the Lettermen's Club. My opinion, along with many other Lettermen I have conversed with, feel it cheapens what we earned through our career at Georgia Tech.

I guess you no longer have to give blood, sweat, and tears to join the exclusivity of the lettermen's club suite on gameday. All you have to do is get an EBAY account and start bidding.

I align my opinion with that of Coleman Rudolph's and George Godsey's, which is this SUCKS!
wtf.gif

"Those are unique experiences not everybody gets to have," Griffin said. "We thought it'd be a good way to broaden people's horizons on Tech athletics."
NO YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD WAY TO MAKE MONEY!

Said athletics director Dave Braine: "We're not giving anything away."
NO YOU ARE NOT GIVING IT AWAY, your selling it at an auction.

Let me ask a question, Were any of the people that made the decision to do this GT Lettemen?

Justify it however you want, I call it like I see it. Don't sell what it takes people years to earn.

Thoroughly Pissed,
Nate Stimson

P.S. From the movie Outlaw Josey Wales: HEY GTAA- DON'T PISS DOWN MY BACK AND TELL ME IT'S RAININ'

Re: Selling what I\'ve Earned

56 I hear you and agree 100%. Did you send this or something like it to GTAA? I wonder how many lettermen will.

But let me ask you something. If you knew the person/people who would be there are die hard Tech fans and would look on this as the honor it is would you feel the same way? I guess I'm asking whether your main problem is with someone who's not a letterman being invited or is it that they are selling the privilege to whoever forks over the cash? Just curious.

I do not like the fact that they are selling it.
If they had some sort of fan contest and a diehard fan won it and got to go in there, that would be different. And no I wouldn't want it to becaome an all the time thing. I was just in the Letterwinner's suite yesterday. there is not enough room for a bunch of fans plus letterwinner's plus their families.

I can buy that. I just know that for any true fan it would be the thrill of a lifetime.

First of all,I'm not a letterman. This is an exclusive club and just as Augusta National, should Bee restricted to the people who earned the right to Bee there. Personally I would Bee uncomfortable even stepping inside the door at any time. It ranks up there with someone wearing a letterman's jacket bought at a yard sale.

IMHO, it's like dis-honoring
a "place of honor!"

Why not auction off the President
or the AD's boxes instead?

I would rather they have a contest where a child with an illness or some disadvantage wins the chance for free to go in there to get the view and a chance to meet heros past. Selling it sucks bigger than about anything we have ever done.

I agree this seems in poor taste. All for what? The article said 16 to 20k?
frown.gif

Back