Sexy

1game@atime

Varsity Lurker
Gailey doesn't seem to care if we win sexy or not. The group of coaches who agree with this line of reasoning is long and distinguished: Bear Bryant, Joe Paterno, Tom Osborne, and the greatest of all, Bobby Dodd.

Bobby Bowden and Steve Spurrier seem to be the only coaches in that same stratosphere who like style points. Under Friedgen, notice, I did not say O'Gone, style was wonderful. I still remember Godsey faking out UGA for a two day run to the end zone. Friedgen had a way of out thinking the opposition. There are times I miss those days of flash and fancy.

At the end of the day, however, I and most Jacket fans will take the win, sexy or not. For those who differ, last years experienced and non-injured team, had the same record at this same date. Sexy is for the bedroom and Boardroom. Ha!Football is about winning. Just win Baby!

On another issue, I am terribly relieved to read the posts of yesterday and today. Far less emotion and alot more reasoned analysis. Congrats guys, that is how we pull together and win. There will always be the few who will curse the darkness. Somebody has got to light the light. Thoughtful discourse is a great start.

Dodd was much more than a cloud of dust. There were always trick plays, although he would sit on lead. Oh and there were those tear away jerseys.

1game@, that's one heck of a dandy post there! Much appreciated.

Go Jackets!

Back