Shai McKenzie

GTJackets530

Damn Good Rat
I've never understood how a 17 year old kid wanting to have fun with his college choice, following in the footsteps of a ton of kids before them, is a bad thing. Always felt that's a weird thing for fans to judge someone by.

I hope that we get the best possible players, and if they want to have fun after what surely is a pretty stressful time dealing with recruiting, more power to them.

supersenior

Jolly Good Fellow
i hate hat shows

PS i am an old white guy who has no fun with anything ever and thinks everybody else should hate life as much as i do

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
Don't be crybabies when we don't get this kid. Would have been good to land him, but he does not make or break this recruiting class. He is not a Tuitt. And if we can't stop this kid at Pitt or VT then we will have bigger problems with Gurley or UGA's 5* RB of the year.

KrazieJacket

Dodd-Like
Shai, follow your heart. Don't listen to any dorks or rednecks on a msg board. You can get a good education at any of the three schools.

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
KrazieJacket is right.

GTLaker

Varsity Lurker
Any of you ever remember going on plant trips when you were graduating? Did some of those decisions get difficult for you whether or not to work for that company? Did any go on trips with companies that you KNEW you weren't going to work for?

These young men are in the same position, being recruited, with a lot less maturity. Some have little guidance. Let him and all of them have some fun. We came from a good, albeit very tough school. He will make a good decision. My hope is that all recruits take advantage of the educational opportunities given them. Unfortunately, there are quite a few that do not.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I look forward to the day when we don't feel like the success of our recruiting class comes down to the decision of one or two players.

I'd like to get to the point where if McKenzie chooses to go elsewhere that we aren't so worried about it.

And, should McKenzie decide to go elsewhere, I will call out in advance anyone who has anything negative to say to him or about him as someone who needs to address some character issues and some out of whack priorities.

MtownJacket

Dodd-Like
I look forward to the day when we don't feel like the success of our recruiting class comes down to the decision of one or two players.

I'd like to get to the point where if McKenzie chooses to go elsewhere that we aren't so worried about it.

And, should McKenzie decide to go elsewhere, I will call out in advance anyone who has anything negative to say to him or about him as someone who needs to address some character issues and some out of whack priorities.
Custis and Leggett's highlights are as good as McKenzie's. ESPN ranks Leggett above McKenzie. It is not a big deal if McKenzie doesn't come here.

33jacket

Dodd-Like
Custis and Leggett's highlights are as good as McKenzie's. ESPN ranks Leggett above McKenzie. It is not a big deal if McKenzie doesn't come here.
The offer sheets dont back up espn though. So its either leggetts injury cost him, he is overrated by espn, or underrated by everyone else.

Who knows. Kids mature, and there is no way to measure desire which is why u always need to land multiples of a spot.

KG01

Dodd-Like
The offer sheets dont back up espn though. So its either leggetts injury cost him, he is overrated by espn, or underrated by everyone else.

Who knows. Kids mature, and there is no way to measure desire which is why u always need to land multiples of a spot.
I like Leggett and I think he and Autry (who I think we end up with) will be a good haul this year, especially if we land Mike Rogers. However, I agree with you on his ranking. I think maybe he was on the proverbial borderline for teams but the injury knocked him off. JMHO

Ranking services are crapshoots as is, but ESPN's is consistently the worst so him being a 4-star there almost literally means nothing.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Ill take 350 butthurt futures in this thread and 150 in the legett thread.