Should UGA have been in the playoffs instead of Notre Dame?

dont-make-laugh-no-memes.jpg

UGA and Clemson are the only two teams that would have a chance against Alabama.

They had 2 losses. Ohio State is who should be complaining about being left out.
Nobody who loses by 29 to Purdue should be eligible. Based on the results, ND was the correct choice. Everyone was gonna get blown out by either Clemson or Alabama. They’re both just so far ahead of the field that it didn’t matter who they played unless they played each other.

That depends on if you're a big picture guy that wants what's best for GT FB or if you're a small picture guy that's consumed by hate for all things UGA

With ND going to the CFP , they can now come into GA and recruit academic qualifiers that were destined to come to GT and say "we were in the CFP we're only a good Recruiting class away", ND can hurt GT much more than UGA can recruiting wise

If UGA were in CFB playoff they're gonna recruit the same guys that grew up loving UGA from the cradle, much less likely to hurt Coach G Recruiting wise

"destined to come to GT" , hey I'm an optimist

Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled that UGA did not get into the playoffs. However, to pretend that UGA is not better than Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Ohio State is silly. UGA would be 4-7 point favorites against Oklahoma and Ohio State and 7-10 point favorites against Notre Dame. They would be 10-14 point favorites against UCF.

If you are not the best team in your conference you should not be considered for the best team in the country. Not while there are only 4 slots anyway.

Attachments

• 5FB88775-1142-4065-B32D-655A1EEFF359.jpeg
    5FB88775-1142-4065-B32D-655A1EEFF359.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 35
Winning the conference should be prerequisite for CFP. Independents should only be accepted if undefeated and beat a conference champion. uGA had their chance and lost. Also, if uGA had won, uA should not have been in CFP.

Oklahoma had more offensive passing yards, rushing yards, and points against Bama with 10+ minutes less TOP. Plus Bama had 2 turnovers to UGAg and Tua playing hurt. Let that all sink in a minute. If OK would've gotten settled in on D a little earlier, may have been a different outcome. Is UGAg better than ND? Yes, for sure but so are a bunch of other teams. Doesn't mean that spot should've been theirs.

Back