Shut up and play ball

It’s going to be a rough year for you. NIL is just getting started. It’s going to get much worse before it can get better (if it ever does).
Just me speculating, and I know nothing, but if Sims has a breakout year (good for us!), then fully expect for him to leave and test the NIL waters. IMO, it was near brilliance for him to not go this season. He can put the work in, have a great season, and see who comes calling in this next off-season. As a plus, the portal should be less crowded so he may be near the top of the QB's available.

Of course, I anticipate him graduating with a degree from GT, which makes the one time underclassmen transfer moot, but I just feel like this is his best play.

When are we going to start talking about uniforms and the color yellow?

NIL is another reason why going heavy after transfers makes a lot of sense. Once they’ve transferred in, their options to transfer out again are limited. Thus they can’t chase NIL dollars as easily, since with won’t have immediate eligibility.
I've said this before too. We just picked up two that have 4 years of eligibility left. They can only transfer down at this point.

I do think the transfer portal will calm down after this year.

I wish these kids would just shut up and put themselves at risk for my enjoyment.
Exactly. That’s why many people will simply stop watching. These kids don’t care about them. Why should we care about the kids? Then maybe all these athletes can all realize their actual value when this insane sports bubble pops.

NIL, or PTP (Paid to Play), as it should be called, will have a lot of unintended consequences that will be interesting.​
I don't want to hear anybody say it's not fair to criticize players for terrible performances because they're just kids playing a game. I don't want to hear how players are hurting in the locker room because they did the best they could and got beat 50 to 3. If you're playing for money, it's fair to criticize you when you do bad. And nobody wants to hear you're hurting, if you just got paid a lot for getting beat.​
I don't want to hear "we've got a good quarterback room, I don't know what the problem is," if one of them is getting paid ten times more than the other ones.​
If you're getting paid a fortune by a car dealer and the coach disciplines you, the coach better be ready to hear from you and your car dealer and your lawyers.​
This is going to change a lot of things in ways people haven't thought of. You can't be a kid and a paid athlete with a sponsor and a lawyer all at the same time. Got a hot date and your car dealer wants you at the dealership for a meet and greet, well tough.​
Good luck. You have sold your right to be a college kid. You don't get to be a kid anymore. You don't appreciate what you're giving up.​

https://247sports.com/Article/Ohio-...ey-each-year-to-keep-roster-intact-188246943/
Ohio State football: Ryan Day says Buckeyes will need $13 million in NIL money to keep roster intact

Seen this little nugget?? We will never be able to keep up. Get over it.
Just line up and play this year, and hopefully we will be in a good place after the inevitable restructuring.
Hopefully, it will all collapse soon, either after California's new legislation and/or the economic collapse.

Back