"silent commitment"

SMoney

Dodd-Like
\"silent commitment\"

I have heard people talk about the possibility of "silent commitments". What are these, and if they are what I assume them to be, what would the benefit of keeping it silent be? I dont really see how it could benefit either the team or the player?

Re: \"silent commitment\"

Wasnt really asking for a list, since that would all be rumors anyways. Was more specifically asking what they were, and who would really benefit from it...

some reasons commits are \"silent\"

* recruit commits to you in pvt, but wants to inform the other coaches before announcing

* recruit commits to you in pvt, but wants to publicly announce on some TV show for the fun/ego/publicity/time in the limelight

* recruit commits to you in pvt, and you to him IF he can get his scores up

* recruit commits to you in pvt, but wants to "honor" a commitment he publicly voiced earlier to not make a decision before the "3rd of Octember"

* am sure there are others.

Re: some reasons commits are \"silent\"

definitely had not thought of those reasons...thanks!

Re: some reasons commits are \"silent\"

I think the most common reason would be...

to relieve the pressure associated with the decision...pressure from friends, family, church, teachers/coaches, other interested schools, etc. Depending on how high profile the recruit is, I'm sure everyone has their input on what you should do.

Meaning what, TML?

Meaning only Tech has silent commits? meaning only Tech fans use this term? meaning you don't read other boards?

FWIW< I went to Clemson's board, did a search, and BOOM, there is a post on a secret "silent commit"

[ QUOTE ]
i have never seen this term on any other college internet board.

[/ QUOTE ]

go to the warroom and visit ANY ACC board. Then do a search for the word Silent. It is VERY common. F$U says they have 4 or 5 EVERY year. I bet even DUKE has a silent. I don't know whether you think CG invented this, but I assure you probably have had silents since you have had scholarships.

Re: Meaning what, TML?

[ QUOTE ]
Meaning only Tech has silent commits? meaning only Tech fans use this term? meaning you don't read other boards?

FWIW< I went to Clemson's board, did a search, and BOOM, there is a post on a secret "silent commit"

[/ QUOTE ]

If TML isn't complaining, then he ain't happy.

[ QUOTE ]
i have never seen this term on any other college internet board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must not exist then.

Sorry you're wrong. It's on pretty much every board if you look enough.

Back