Some positive football news

hiveredtech

Dodd-Like
It does appear that many of these freshman that are in camp are going to be big contributors this year and down the road.

We have to feel great about this talent...as well as the fact that these are great students that should get it done in the classroom with the appropriate help.

Ball, Grant, Wrotto, and Scott are already standing out. Woods looks good. Dunlap has had some big plays. The new LB's (Wheeler, Hall, Moore) are all looking strong. Anoai is quick and tough.

The national recruiting base is building quickly and well...garnering interest from the types of kids that have historically excelled in our program.

We may not be beat the giants this year...but there are positive indicators...despite our lack of depth, numbers, and experience for this season.

I have a lot of confidence in the current staff's ability to evaluate talent. In years' past I've seen classes that had about 13-14 kids that could play and 5-7 that couldn't play at this level. During his first two classes, Chan has done a good job of bringing in kids that can help you on the I-A level.

Maybe it just appears "that way" because I am taking a closer look at Chan's first real recruiting class, or maybe its because of the fact that these freshmen HAVE to play,but it does seem that Chan is having more luck in recruiting than the "previous administration". (I am not an O'Leary basher). A greater percentage of Chan's guys SEEM (its still August guys, we won't realy know for sure until Sept/Oct when we've played a few games)to be able to play at this level. It also seems that we have gotten earlier commitments from guys than in the past. (Of course, we also have to keep these guys academically eligible---something at which GOL did a trmendous job)

Assuming that better recruiting is not "just my imagunation", is there anything that Chan is doing appreciably different "recruiting wise" than O'Leary?

Hallelujah, amen, flajacket: no one's job is on the line other than our coaching staff, (and maybe a few others).
They do want to win!!! We want to win!! I agree with your spirit: why so much dissension before the season even has begun. Someone either has an agenda or is pulling our collective legs.
smile.gif

Back