Someone believes

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Tech opened as a pk against VT and Jackets are now favored by 3.5.
Vegas is very good at their jobs, but we are a mirage for the last two weeks. Maybe we can continue that mirage this week. Hopefully so, but I’m not confident.

THWUGA

Dodd-Like except wouldn't have left the SEC
My model says VT 24.8 / GT 24.1 on a neutral field. It makes sense to me that we would be a narrow favorite depending on what you think home field is worth. Give GT 3 points and we should be a 2.5-pt fav.

But GT is a tough team to handicap - we're crazy up-and-down on our scoring offense (relatively to opponent scoring defense), showing our youth. My model is also very simple and doesn't adjust for Sims being out for most of NIU and all of KSU and Clemson. Personally, I think we might have won the Clemson game with Sims (no disrespect whatsoever to Yates's effort). That might account for a bit more of Vegas's difference in both the spread and total (53 open, 55 now) but who knows. They're the experts.

By the way - as frustrated as many are with our defense, they have largely outperformed our opponents' scoring offense stats this year through 7 games, Pitt and UVA being the lone exceptions.

OpponentOpp Offense PPGPts vs GT# Diff +/-% Diff +/-
vs NIU29.822-7.8-26.2%
vs KSU27.417-10.4-38.0%
@ Clem20.014-6.0-30.0%
UNC (neu)36.922-14.9-40.4%
vs Pitt45.352+6.7+14.8%
@ Duke27.0270.00.0%
@ UVA37.648+10.4+27.7%

I'm not excusing some missed assignments vs Pitt and UVA, but both QBs are draft picks, and they just made us look bad, it's simple as that. But that happens with good QBs in the college game. Knocking on wood over here, but I don't see that from Burmeister.

My biggest concern in this game is whether we start slow with the noon start, or whether we come out ready to play right away. I think whichever team wins the first quarter wins the game.

GT98

Dodd-Like
I'm not excusing some missed assignments vs Pitt and UVA, but both QBs are draft picks, and they just made us look bad, it's simple as that. But that happens with good QBs in the college game. Knocking on wood over here, but I don't see that from Burmeister.

My biggest concern in this game is whether we start slow with the noon start, or whether we come out ready to play right away. I think whichever team wins the first quarter wins the game.
Thanks for putting together the chart--interesting information.

I agree on Pitt/UVA QB's picked us apart without much of any pressure. Let's hope that Thacker can come up with a gameplan to pressure VT more.

VT has lost three in a row and the end of their last game at Lane Stadium featured the student section chanting "clap clap clap-clap-clap FI-RE FUEN-TE".

This is the easiest game remaining on the schedule. If you don't win this one, you may not win another one this season. VT can barely pass it. Their defense is on multi-game down trend as they get depleted by a bad offense keeping them on the field all day. Last week with Cuse could have been Babers vs Fuente: Loser gets fired. This week is perhaps Thacker vs Fuente: Loser gets fired.

TechRush

Dodd-Like
The only way Tech loses this game is if they make mental mistakes and turn the ball over which is something Tech is prone to do. :scared:

cyptomcat

Hibernating
The sharps in Vegas have a feeling that our Offense might outscore VT , plus they know Fuente is on the hot seat and VT might just pack it in rather than fight to save his job.

The sharps in Vegas have "sauces everywhere"
It's just a 3 point line. It's not like they are favoring us by bunch of points. Basically a home field advantage.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Sims is averaging two turnovers a game
His 6 TOs have occurred in 5 different games this season.

He's played in 15 Games total in his Career and is nowhere close to 30 TOs for his Career.

Just like in Calculus Class, could you please show your work, show how you came up with such as asinine statement.

Reactions: odw

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
His 6 TOs have occurred in 5 different games this season.

He's played in 15 Games total in his Career and is nowhere close to 30 TOs for his Career.

Just like in Calculus Class, could you please show your work, show how you came up with such as asinine statement.
In about 14.5 games, Sims has thrown 18 picks. He’s had 6 games with 2+ picks, including 1 game with 4 picks. He had a 7th game where a second pick was neutralized by a penalty. It’s foolish to deny that he’s got a problem with interceptions that needs to improve.

He’s got some fumbles, too, but those stats weren’t as easy to find.

Lest anybody get it twisted, I’m just bringing some stats to the discussion. I like Sims just fine; PressManCoverage I could really do without, though.

JRjr