thegtstunner08

Earl of Cheap Seats and Cold Pizza
“ one person shouldn’t be so blessed”

- Chan Gailey on CJ.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
“ one person shouldn’t be so blessed”

- Chan Gailey on CJ.
I think he was talking about himself having been around so many great players...hard to say. Regardless, Calvin was the most amazing Tech player I've ever witnessed. Unfortunate we couldn't utilize his talents even more than we did. I remember sitting in that stands watching that deep ball go up and just knowing he was coming down with it. A truly once in a lifetime player.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
I think he was talking about himself having been around so many great players...hard to say. Regardless, Calvin was the most amazing Tech player I've ever witnessed. Unfortunate we couldn't utilize his talents even more than we did. I remember sitting in that stands watching that deep ball go up and just knowing he was coming down with it. A truly once in a lifetime player.
He was taking about Calvin's enormous amount of talent.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
Chan is a good guy.

It’s too bad he could never pick an OC or develop a QB.

I say all of that as someone who would have moved him out of Atlanta myself back in the day.
I think every HC we have had is a good guy. Which has nothing to do with being successful at their job.

And you are correct. He did nothing to help Reggie develop. And despite the words from his mouth Nix was Never our OC. CCG flat out lied. His ego controlled all things O despite what was best for the team.

CCG at the Lunch Bunch - “this will be Reggie’s 4th year starting and we hope the light bulb turns on...”. WTF!!!!!
You have “coached” the young man for 4 f.....g years and you HOPE. IDIOT.

Huuuuuuge egomaniac that would not allow or admit that it was not working at certain positions. After all there is no way he could be wrong.

51 -7 x 2.

ACCCG - 4 passes to CJ. FOUR. What else needs be said?

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
Chan is a good guy.

I say all of that as someone who would have moved him out of Atlanta myself back in the day.
I will never forget Gailey looking incredulously at Nix when he called for the spike on 3rd and inches and we had (I forget which team) on the ropes and were about to win. Both Ball and Gailey took the most heat on that play but it was dumbass Nix who actually called it. Nix and Reggie were Gailey's downfall.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I will never forget Gailey looking incredulously at Nix when he called for the spike on 3rd and inches and we had (I forget which team) on the ropes and were about to win. Both Ball and Gailey took the most heat on that play but it was dumbass Nix who actually called it. Nix and Reggie were Gailey's downfall.
Reggie absolutely was NOT Gailey's downfall. Reggie was a dynamic player hamstrung by inept coaching and playcalling

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
Gailey's downfall was that Mark Richt had his number.

It happens. He beat Miami three times in a row before getting fired, but Miami's not our rival. During the same era there were entire generations of college students who never saw UGA beat Florida, and it got both Ray Goff and Jim Donnan fired.

Last edited:

thegtstunner08

Earl of Cheap Seats and Cold Pizza
Gailey's downfall was that Mark Richt had his number.

It happens. He beat Miami three times in a row before getting fired, but Miami's not our rival. During the same era there were entire generations of college students who never saw UGA beat Florida, and it got both Ray Goff and Jim Donnan fired.
I agree 100%. However, I do believe the mutts were in his head.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Chan is a good guy.

True all dat
I met Chan and he is a decent person, in the classic sense of the word

But 9-6.
There wasn’t enough alcohol in the First Coast to numb the pain from that day

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
That and absolutely decimating WV in the first half and wetting the bed second half