Speaking of report cards

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
3.0 GPA for the freshman class. Impressive.

The Jacket

The Coat
Does this number effect the current marks on the revered, crowdsourced Collins Report Card? I know Pastner's concern for the safety of his players cost him dearly with the wise laymen, so I would assume this probably doesn't mean much. I'll hang up and listen.

MACHETE

Dodd-Like
Does this number effect the current marks on the revered, crowdsourced Collins Report Card? I know Pastner's concern for the safety of his players cost him dearly with the wise laymen, so I would assume this probably doesn't mean much. I'll hang up and listen.
**affect.

athensjacket

Varsity Lurker
It matters. He is continuing the good work in this area of the previous regime, and reflects well on the whole Institute.

All things considered, and to the extent Collins is responsible (this is a guess, of course), I'm raising my overall grade from D to C. I know I may sound sarcastic to some, but I'm not trying to be. I still think (FWIW) he's in the "needs improvement" category in his coaching.

But yes, it matters.

The Jacket

The Coat
It matters. He is continuing the good work in this area of the previous regime, and reflects well on the whole Institute.

All things considered, and to the extent Collins is responsible (this is a guess, of course), I'm raising my overall grade from D to C. I know I may sound sarcastic to some, but I'm not trying to be. I still think (FWIW) he's in the "needs improvement" category in his coaching.

But yes, it matters.
This is the most coherent and rational post denigrating Collins I've seen all year. And I'm not being sarcastic either, I appreciate your input.

athensjacket

Varsity Lurker
This is the most coherent and rational post denigrating Collins I've seen all year. And I'm not being sarcastic either, I appreciate your input.
I don't mean to disparage our coach, and I appreciate the improvement in recruiting, too. I like the enthusiasm he's engendered.
I have hopes of improvement in his coaching going forward.

THWG16

Varsity Lurker
Other smart coaches looked out for their players safety also , but weren’t morons like pastner was

The Jacket

The Coat
Other smart coaches looked out for their players safety also , but weren’t morons like pastner was
Damn, if only you had been coach, none of this would be happening . But you're not, you're just some dude on a message board and now everything sucks.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Damn, if only you had been coach, none of this would be happening . But you're not, you're just some dude on a message board and now everything sucks.
Dude, Covid is a non-event for students. Pastner is a dumbass for sacrificing the season for such a nothing burger as covid is for a 20ish y/o. The fact that he reversed himself after two losses, when covid is worse now than it was when he started [fake] practicing tells you he knows it was stupid. Iiwii. No use crying over spilt milk, but let's not gaslight or sugarcoat the hole we are digging out of.

The Jacket

The Coat
Dude, Covid is a non-event for students. Pastner is a dumbass for sacrificing the season for such a nothing burger as covid is for a 20ish y/o. The fact that he reversed himself after two losses, when covid is worse now than it was when he started [fake] practicing tells you he knows it was stupid. Iiwii. No use crying over spilt milk, but let's not gaslight or sugarcoat the hole we are digging out of.
I do not necessarily disagree that it was a misstep. My problem is this view that it's the reason we have issues, or that he sacrificed the season. We have sucked under Pastner before, without all this madness going on. If we suck, it's because we suck, and Pastner shoulders the responsibility for that. But if a mistake with practices in November can ruin an entire year then we need to start canceling any seasons we start poorly.

They are still playing games, and they are still working to get better. Last night they crushed a team they were supposed to crush, I saw no crippling lingering effects from the no-contact practices. So if we go out and get BTFO by North Carolina, it would be ridiculous to act as though the practices played any role. The only gaslighting going on is people acting like the season is decided before it begins, because it fits into their narrative that we need to get rid of our coach. It's the same stupidity responsible for the sentient sludge around here claiming Collins is rebooting the 1994 season, and whining about kickball.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
I do not necessarily disagree that it was a misstep. My problem is this view that it's the reason we have issues, or that he sacrificed the season. We have sucked under Pastner before, without all this madness going on. If we suck, it's because we suck, and Pastner shoulders the responsibility for that. But if a mistake with practices in November can ruin an entire year then we need to start canceling any seasons we start poorly.

They are still playing games, and they are still working to get better. Last night they crushed a team they were supposed to crush, I saw no crippling lingering effects from the no-contact practices. So if we go out and get BTFO by North Carolina, it would be ridiculous to act as though the practices played any role. The only gaslighting going on is people acting like the season is decided before it begins, because it fits into their narrative that we need to get rid of our coach. It's the same stupidity responsible for the sentient sludge around here claiming Collins is rebooting the 1994 season, and whining about kickball.
How can you be confident losing all of the preseason practice is a moot point by game 6-7?

We are playing catch-up and maybe we catch-up. I think we will, but I'm a decent Pastner cheerleader. Probably one of the biggest on the board. And anyone talking coach switch is a dumb ass. I've beat that dead horse already.

The Jacket

The Coat
Right there
No, it's ridiculous for morons on the internet to act like they know a loss in game #8 was caused by the practice debacle, after those negative effects apparently skipped game #7. My problem is with someone acting as though they can trace our instances of bad play going forward, back to the fact that we went no-contact in our initial practices.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
No, it's ridiculous for morons on the internet to act like they know a loss in game #8 was caused by the practice debacle, after those negative effects apparently skipped game #7. My problem is with someone acting as though they can trace our instances of bad play going forward, back to the fact that we went no-contact in our initial practices.
Dude, really? Gonna retreat and build a big ööööing straw man like that?

Let's regroup and start from square 1. I believe not practicing played a major, probably predominant, role in our loss to GSU. If we had practiced, I believe strongly we win that game. Am I crazy?