speculation going on at Miami message board

Big Buck

Flats Noob
I too, would like to see us take Louisville. They have an up and coming FB program and a great BB
program but honesty compels me to plead ignorance
on their minor sports programs. It would also give the ACC a presence in the mid-west market.
Could someone out there bring me up to date on the
state of their minor programs? would appreciate it.

If Florida wanted to come into the ACC, I would not be against it, nor would I be against CFU joining as the 12th team.

smile.gif

Wish (but I don't expect it to happen) Vandy would come over. The ACC would be a much better fit for them and for us.

UF and SC will never come to the ACC. After the colors UNC, Duke and State exhibited last week it is doubtful any self-respecting football school would hook their wagon with us.

As a matter of rules, does anyone know what will happen if Miami joins to the minimum needed to re-expand. Eight schools could re-invite BC couldn't they, outvoting the three naysayers?

BC remains a better option, even Pitt or West Virginia, than Louisville. ECU is a joke. Central or S. Florida would be better than them. One option would be to steal Penn State. I think they would make the leap if Miami comes.

Hope Miami does join. 12th team will probably be a NE school, perhaps BC in near future. Hope so.

The consensus seems to be its a done deal joining the ACC. There is a lot of discussion on who will be the school to round out the conference. Will it be Norte Dame, South Carolina, even Believe it or not the FLA Gators have been mentioned. Wouldnt that be a hoot to wrap up the state of Fla, even though its not likely!
blue.gif

I think Miami's coming as well. Can't blame them for waiting til Monday to see what might happen from the BE.

As for the 12th, I'm very concerned we may not ever get it. EC doesn't make sense, SC is happy in the SEC. I'd love Louisville but there's really nobody else out there that's non-SEC that makes you say, "YES, THAT'S THE ONE!"

Back