Sporting News doesn't give GT a chance.

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Sporting News doesn\'t give GT a chance.

They have listed Ga as having the 'edge' at every single positional unit. Did they watch ANY of the games this yr? Anyway, it's still interesting. The yardage, both offensive & defensive, are pretty dadgum even-steven. This has all the makings of a classic.
TSN gives Ga the 'edge'.

Re: Sporting News doesn\'t give GT a chance.

We're gonna have to play our BEST all-around game this year to have a chance to beat the pups. We'll have to play BETTER than we did against NC State. Esp. on the offensive side of the ball. I can see how most would give UGA the big edge. Maybe not at EVERY position, though.

wink.gif

Sounds like one of the kinds of articles written about us before the NCSU game!

I've found at least one positive: the pups rank 84th nationally in rushing yds. If the DB's step up and make big plays, we stand a good chance of breaking up their little party before it even gets started.

FYI-Georgia Southern ranks #1 in rushing for all Div-1 schools.

Heart and desire.

These are the hardest things to evaluate and why college team so often beat the odds makers.

Will Tech's defense want it more than UGA's offense in the second half.

Will our offensive get that extra yard to keep a drive alive and give the defense a breather in the fourth quarter?

Forget about skill positions and player ratings. The team that wins Saturday will be the team whose players want it most.

I'm looking for Rhino to suit up, Nat to have a great game.

Go Jackets!!!!

Whats amazing is our stats are damn near identical to theirs...yet we are a 4 loss team and they are a 1 loss team. Just goes to show that its better to be lucky than good sometimes.

Originally posted by 33jacket:
Whats amazing is our stats are damn near identical to theirs...yet we are a 4 loss team and they are a 1 loss team. Just goes to show that its better to be lucky than good sometimes.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Although Ugag is the luckiest team around, in this case it is not just luck.
The reason they are 10-1 and we are 7-4 is primarily due to coaching and QB play.
Talent wise, even with the injuries, we can play with them. The bottom line question is do we have the coaching and QB play to get the job done on this particular Saturday?
My guess is yes we do, although Coach Gailey has already proven me wrong 4 times this season.
tongue.gif

I thought he proved you "right" 4 times this year, Beeware. Haven't you been ragging on his ass about being an inferior coach and human being all year?
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

There is 1 glaring weakness I see. Ga outscores us by 8.3 ppg. Even with almost identicle offensive & defensive stats, Ga has scored 90 pts more than we have. Why?
Either our offense is not cashing in the chips when we have a chance, which we know is true, & Ga is maxing out their offensive chances OR Ga is scoring on defense & special teams. We have not scored 1 single pt on defense or special teams while every week, it seems, there is a highlight of Ga scoring on D or STs.
Ga's int return for a TD in 4th qtr of last yr's game broke our back & I'll bet nearly all the 90 pt differential, this season, is directly because of their STs & defense. If Ga contributes big plays for TDs this yr from their D & STs, it'll probably break our backs again.
Will we be able to get a TD from anything other than offense before this yr is out? Man, it would help tremendously.

Back