Sports writer.....

Its hard to hate uga anymore since their so terrible.. I mean öööö duke has a better record against us the last 5 years

It was entertaining last season watching Kirbs cry about not being in the playoffs. Then, Texas showed them who big daddy was shortly afterwards

UGA has been playing football for over 100 years and they have had 2 great teams, 1980 and next year. However, I’m afraid they have the right guy now. I would actually put them a top 5 team now, behind maybe Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State and Oklahoma.

It was entertaining last season watching Kirbs cry about not being in the playoffs. Then, Texas showed them who big daddy was shortly afterwards
upload_2019-5-9_8-46-13.jpeg

UGA has been playing football for over 100 years and they have had 2 great teams, 1980 and next year. However, I’m afraid they have the right guy now. I would actually put them a top 5 team now, behind maybe Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State and Oklahoma.
So what is Great Clips doing that is any different than what St. Richt did?

So what is Great Clips doing that is any different than what St. Richt did?

Interesting question.

Richt's first 3 years:

2001: 8-4 (5-3) Ranked # 22
2002: 13-1 (7-1) Ranked # 3 (would have been in a 4 team playoff had one existed)
2003: 11-3 (6-2) Ranked # 7
Total: 32-8 (18-6)

Shart's first 3 years

2016: 8-5 (4-4) Unranked
2017: 13-2 (7-1) Ranked # 2 (Made playoff)
2018: 11-3 (7-1) Ranked # 7
Total: 32-10 (18-6)

Great Clips inherited a much more well-oiled recruiting machine and better in-state talent base than what St. Richt had in his first 3 years. Records virtually identical. Kirby managed to sign a # 1 class whereas Richt topped out at # 3. Basically no difference at all here. If anything, give a slight edge to the Reverend.

*edited because I can't add, apparently.

Last edited:
Interesting question.

Richt's first 3 years:

2001: 8-4 (5-3) Ranked # 22
2002: 13-1 (7-1) Ranked # 3 (would have been in a 4 team playoff had one existed)
2003: 11-3 (6-2) Ranked # 7
Total: 32-8 (18-6)

Shart's first 3 years

2016: 8-5 (4-4) Unranked
2017: 13-2 (7-1) Ranked # 2 (Made playoff)
2018: 11-3 (7-1) Ranked # 7
Total: 32-9 (18-6)

Great Clips inherited a much more well-oiled recruiting machine and better in-state talent base than what St. Richt had in his first 3 years. Records virtually identical. Kirby managed to sign a # 1 class whereas Richt topped out at # 3. Basically no difference at all here. If anything, give a slight edge to the Reverand.
Which just goes to show (pace Santayana) that even those who remember the past may be condemned to repeat it.

On the cusp of three national championships in the last 10 years. Hell, I'd love to be "overrated."

Just not impressed with the Kirbster as an in game coach. He's made some really strange moves at critical times.
Obviously a good recruiter, although how hard is that at uga? He doesn't appear to be particularly creative with
his offense or defense, but with the horses he has that' not a bad way to go.

Just not impressed with the Kirbster as an in game coach. He's made some really strange moves at critical times.
Obviously a good recruiter, although how hard is that at uga? He doesn't appear to be particularly creative with
his offense or defense, but with the horses he has that' not a bad way to go.
Lost to Vandy handing the ball to the smallest running back on the squad on 4th and short.

Back