Spring foozball, Marshall feeling good

Energy around the program is pretty low, it seems. These feel good pieces that always go out in the spring must be digging up a lot of feels.

When we all expect to do poorly seems to be when we do our best, though. So there's that.

Energy around the program is pretty low, it seems. These feel good pieces that always go out in the spring must be digging up a lot of feels.

When we all expect to do poorly seems to be when we do our best, though. So there's that.
Also the program energy cannot be measured from the outside in. A good coach(which I believe pj is) will attempt to create insulation of his team. The fact that there is a new aggressive dc will most certainly have some of the defensive guys pumped about the season.

Plus spring is like leftovers. They can’t really press the reset button until fall camp

Also the program energy cannot be measured from the outside in. A good coach(which I believe pj is) will attempt to create insulation of his team. The fact that there is a new aggressive dc will most certainly have some of the defensive guys pumped about the season.

Plus spring is like leftovers. They can’t really press the reset button until fall camp

I did say energy "around" the program. Talkin bout the fans, really. You can measure that from anywhere.

I did say energy "around" the program. Talkin bout the fans, really. You can measure that from anywhere.
With an E-meter, presumably.

150317193411-16-scientology-0317-restricted-super-169.jpg

I think it really hinges on the defense. We probably have a pretty good idea of what we're going to get from the offense, with a small amount of variation up or down. If the defense can create some turnovers and actually stop someone in end-of-half situations, I think that creates all the energy you need right there.

No more cushy-soft coverage, please. Make them beat us over the top.

I’m a firm believer in this principle of defense in college football: if the other team’s quarterback is bad to mediocre then all you have to do is blitz (see Tenuta) and your team will have a field day putting up all sorts of crazy stats.

We literally never put up stats (TFL and sacks) under Roof. Hell, our starting senior DE didn’t even register 0.5 a sack last year. Completely unacceptable performance by Roof.

Taquan doesn't instill a lot of confidence with most of the fanbase. We're still a year away from maybe having a decent quarterback. Defense being more aggressive sounds good. But we have seen DC changes before and I think most of us will believe it when we see it.

I believe having a bunch of upper classmen is the ticket for us. TM is capable of a big jump, if he works on making reads on the pitch. Defense can be better and I hope it is. I think we'll do well this season.

I would feel a lot better about TM if he had shown improvement over the season last year. His struggles with his reads and his passing just seemed to get worse as the year went on. If he can rely more on his head and less on his athleticism this year, he could be a very effective, but he hasn't shown an ability to do that yet.

Getting rid of Ted is going to prove a wise decision.
Well, maybe.

I like what I've seen from the new guy on the field, in the archived games I watched. But on the flipside, CPJ hasn't been particularly good at making DC hires thus far, so who knows.

The offense stands to be pretty good with this many starters returning and a lot of our offensive failures from last year going back to familiarity instead of talent.

My worry is kicking. If we could just plug that hole we'd have 2 or 3 more wins last year. If we can plug the kicking hole and increase the defense's capabilities by a mere 10%, we stand to win 9. UGA and Clemson are unfortunately next-level programs right now, though, and going to be hard to keep up with.

Back