Spring Game to be on a Friday night

jacket67

Dodd-Like
April 20th, 7:00 under the lights. I hate to drive to midtown on a week night, and they probably won't open up the parking until 5:00, but it's still a good time if the weather is ok.

Last year the weather was good
However the Hwy 85 Bridge burned down
Traffic was a mess
Still had about 8000 fans to show up

I love doing the spring game on a Friday night, big fan of this decision. Make it feel like a real event, not just a morning scrimmage.
I agree
I like the spring game on Friday night
I remember the 1st time we had a Friday night game we had about 18000 fans to show up

I don't mind the friday night spring game but it does put a limitation on folks who can't get to midtown by 7pm on a Friday night. It also nixes our fans in the rest of the state who couldn't take at least half a day off. I'll be the taking the whole day off so we can set up the new and improved stingtalk tailgate.

I would be pleasantly surprised if TStan arranged some type of show after the game to entice more people to come. Not for me or you guys but maybe for wives and other folks who are on the fence.

I don't mind the friday night spring game but it does put a limitation on folks who can't get to midtown by 7pm on a Friday night. It also nixes our fans in the rest of the state who couldn't take at least half a day off. I'll be the taking the whole day off so we can set up the new and improved stingtalk tailgate.

I would be pleasantly surprised if TStan arranged some type of show after the game to entice more people to come. Not for me or you guys but maybe for wives and other folks who are on the fence.
Probably just fireworks or somethin

Akinji07 for Athletic Director.

FSU is having baseball game at 1. Then next door at Doak is spring game at 6. Followed by fireworks and a 90s themed concert featuring Vanilla Ice, Salt n Peppa and Rob Base. I'm didn't make any of that up. It's really happening.

Are they unveiling some Adidas uniforms or mock ups for the spring game? I would think that might be enticing for some fans to show up.

Are they unveiling some Adidas uniforms or mock ups for the spring game? I would think that might be enticing for some fans to show up.

Only if there is a panel of judges comprised of Tim Gunn, Dave Navarro, and Nigel Lythgoe on hand to read our tweets about it over the loudspeakers for an hour before it's finally revealed and professionally critiqued.

FSU is having baseball game at 1. Then next door at Doak is spring game at 6. Followed by fireworks and a 90s themed concert featuring Vanilla Ice, Salt n Peppa and Rob Base. I'm didn't make any of that up. It's really happening.
I’ve always thought the Spring game should incorporate a whiskey and food festival with B list music acts. Focus on getting transplants to campus. Atlanta loves a good Spring festival.

Back