Spring game

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet...

When/where is it being held this year?

Originally posted by JoltinJacket:
I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet...

When/where is it being held this year?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">April 12th but I haven't heard where yet.

GO JACKETS!

Please tell me it's not the 12th!! That's the Saturday of Masters Week! I love my Jackets but...

drinking.gif

OK C'mon Goldeagle. This is Jacket football with a chance to see our boys surrounded ONLY by other fans as juiced about it as you are. Not to mention all the coaching changes and new recruits.

The Masters comes every year and incidentally it's four days is it not? The Spring game is just one.

blue.gif

'PCB, This is my second year to be invited to volunteer, which makes it seven days for me! I've already given away my practice round tickets so I may have to finagle something here!

Besides, I look at "The Tournament", as it's referred to in Augusta, as a tribute to a GT alum who was its co-founder and the greatest amateur golfer of all time, Bobby Jones!

drinking.gif
blue.gif
drinking.gif

ncjacket, thanx! Last year I got to see Arnie play his last round and really felt blessed; this year I get to see Martha and Jesse dodge traffic on Washington Rd! Ought to be really interesting!

Anyway we have to be there way earlier than any self-respecting protester would be awake!

drinking.gif
blue.gif

goldeagle, I didn't realize that!!!!! I get to go to Masters once every three years. Grandfather gets two badges, and my father, brother, and I rotate years. This is my turn.

I'll have to make a decision.

My grandfather who has the badges is 88 years old. Don't know how many more years he'll be with us here. Once he moves on the badges will be no more.

So just miss the Sat session. Go to the other 3 sessions. But if u do go to the Sat session, just email me & I'll give u all I can remember.
PS; picked Hollings as THE player to be last Spring even tho he didn't tear it up in the Spring. (Didn't figure him to be as good as he was tho).

C'Mon GTT, you GOTTA go to the Spring game. Besides the fact that we all depend on your wonderful recaps, I might get a chance to venture up that way and I'd hate it if we didn't get to hang out!

I'm sure I'll work out a way to go to the Spring Game. It's just tricky. These badges are hard to come by. A huge privilege given to us by my Grandfather. It's not as easy as going the other days and not going on Sat. Will work out something. The Masters Badges are a HUGE DEAL in my family. We don't take it for granted what my Grandfather as done for us.

GTT you are entirely correct in that it is a huge gift from your grandfather to your family! I hate to think of how many years I declined use of my uncle's tickets, starting in the 60's, because I was a snot-nosed kid who grew up in an East TX refinery town and had no idea what he was missing! Volunteering involves a certain amount of financial sacrifice but I haven't had any clients back out on me, usually they just ask if I can get tickets! LOLROTFPIMP!!

If you do go let's plan to hook up briefly. Talk to you later.

drinking.gif
blue.gif
drinking.gif

Back