St. Louis 67, Tech 54

Aiken Jacket

Flats Noob
Ouch - looks like Vegas wasn't a good tourney for the Jackets. 1-3 in total, including the Penn loss at home. I guess that is 4 more games of experience, but this could be a long year if this trend continues.

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
Where do you go to hide. At least Duke fans can run to the gym, we have no place to hide. At least I know the basketball players are in good hands and will eventually begin to win.

gtfan

Sith Lord
Staff member
I was hoping we would come out of vegas with a couple of wins, it is going to be rough going until PH can get the young guys up to speed.

K

KMCC

After the dismal results in Vegas, I've decided that I'm really not a fan of these pre-season tournaments

Going straight in to tournament competition doesn't give a team, especially a young and developing team, an opportunity to gel and work out the bugs.

I recognize that being in pre-season tournaments is prestigious and puts money into the sugar bowl, but it can really get the season off to a rocky start. Isn't this the last year for pre-season tournaments anyway?

law_bee

Dodd-Like
It may pay dividends when we get to conference play. If we go .500 in the ACC we will be at the "big dance" no matter what our record is. Last year we had just 17 wins but they looked at overall strength of schedule. And even if we have go to the NIT this year that would be acceptable. It is such a young team and it goes up from here. PH got hurt by all the recruiting restrictions (8/5 rule etc.).

GPB III

Varsity Lurker
I for one sort of like the early season tournament style of play, especially when it matches up teams from different reggions of the country. It gives teams an opportunity to play against a variety of styles of play. It gives fans a chance to see how our team matches up to teams from different conferences. I don't think we are helped by scheduling a bunch of Division II schools, one or two may be okay.

The good thing about basketball is that it really matters when you win and who you play. An early season cupcake schedule may help "work out the kinks" but does very little to prepare a team for the heart of the ACC schedule.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game vs. Wisconsin. The Badgers' record thus far is about like ours, but I beelive that they bring a different style of play that will be challenging to the Jackets.

GPB III

Varsity Lurker
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FIRST MESSAGE!!!]

I for one sort of like the early season tournament style of play, especially when it matches up teams from different reggions of the country. It gives teams an opportunity to play against a variety of styles of play. It gives fans a chance to see how our team matches up to teams from different conferences. I don't think we are helped by scheduling a bunch of Division II schools, one or two may be okay.

The good thing about basketball is that it really matters when you win and who you play. An early season cupcake schedule may help "work out the kinks" but does very little to prepare a team for the heart of the ACC schedule.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game vs. Wisconsin. The Badgers' record thus far is about like ours, but I beelive that they bring a different style of play that will be challenging to the Jackets