starting to think maybe Billy and CG might not be getting along (LINK)

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
A few things I hope BOB considers:

1) Not much room to be creative in the NFL with an offense. The offenses are all very similar. It all boils down to talent and execution.

2) Does he really want more years to be under the thumb of O'Leary? I think he can develop better as an OC if he gets away from GOL for a while. It's obvious that GOL stunted his growth a little last year. He needs at least a couple of years without that type of influence over him. And don't doubt for a minute that GOL's influence won't be considerable.

3) The NFL is not the place to LEARN how to be an OC, IMO. He's better off from a long-term perspective if he stays at Tech and hones his skills.

4) The money might be better with the Vikings, so I can't deny him that...but if he does a really good job during the next few years at Tech, he can command even more salary over maybe even a head coach job down the road.

5) Good luck dealing with Randy Moss.

BOB, I hope you stay. If you go, I think you're making a mistake, but I'll hold no grudges.

GOL, better get your wallet out.
rolleyes.gif

Good post lawbee.... I had wondered the same thing... I had even wondered if maybe an agreement was reached early between the two... CG keeps him on to help out with recruiting, while he continues to look for work elsewhere... I dont think BOB wants to be at Tech... and I can understand his points in the article, I remember looking thru the eyes of a 32 year old.. I think he will regret it if he leaves... 2-3 more years at Tech, successful years, learning from Gailey... taking the program to another level.. may just be more of an advantage for him rather than going to Minn and losing ... I am not impressed with the staff that is being assembled in Minn...

LINK

based on this article it seems that Pearson told Billy he was catching the wrath of GT fans and it looks like Billy said he has been straight up.

It is pure speculation, but it seems to me it may be possible that CG and Billy are not gelling. It was DB that wanted Billy here and I think we just assume that CG wanted him. But it is possible that they may not be getting along. Only time will tell but even if Billy does not take this job I think he may be gone after this year. It just seems that he is someone looking for a way out.

FWIW, a nat'l sportswriter said on radio the other day that the Vikes are not giving M. Tice much money to offer coaches, therefore the courting of BOB and other college coaches. It would be a huge mistake for BOB to go IMO, but if he just wants out, then GO!! Don't think he will have autonomy there, however.
pat.gif
pat.gif
pat.gif

BINGO ! If BOB leaves he deserves what he gets.
Hes young enough to be that imprudent but he needs to stay at Tech for a few more years!

Back