Stealth recruiting

Big Buck

Flats Noob
Beezoner, have you read the insiders today? this guy is a fraud. His high school coach kicked him off the team. He is not committed to us.

I couldn't find the story on Insiders, but I did see that they've taken him off the commit list.

This s*cks!! Boy, does this make GT look bad.

How does this make GT look bad? The kid pulled a scam, and the recruitniks fell for it. Hard to pin this one on GT. But, then again, maybe its Suggs fault, everything else seems to be.

If all this is true, it is sickeningly awful, but I do get one encouragement: I like the fact tht BOB kept repeatedly calling. Atta boy, BOB. Thanks.

It's less that it makes us look bad, I guess, and more that it's an embarassment. Going after a kid that's obviously got some attitude problems, and then seemingly not objecting when he tells the recruiting sites that he committed to GT.

Although, maybe it was BO'B or GTAA that "de-listed" him as a commit? Who knows, but it's just another downer in a downer week.

Beezoner, methinks you're just looking for something to be "embarrassed" about.

GT can't comment on potential SA's, so how can you say they didn't object to his "verbal"? Yet, the "real" story comes out within a day.

If anyone should be embarrassed, it should be the kid, or the recruiting services for putting the info out there before confirming it.

OK, I give up. This was a great thing to happen to the program.

If one were a pessimist (I admit, sometimes I am), one could say that the only reason BO'B was hanging on with this troubled kid was that we were faring so poorly with so many of our targeted recruits.

Maybe we've got a whole bunch of signees waiting for February, but right now it just looks like we're struggling.

How do you know BOB had any contact with this kid? Just asking. Sounds like he made everthing else up, where does your info come from?

Just from his comments to Insiders. It could be that he was lying about BO'B, but it seems weird just to pick his name and GT out of a hat.

GT is at a disadvantage here. We can't comment "officially" on any potential SAs. I would take anything that this kid said with some scepticism.

guys, surely we can comment on whether we have offered a SA or not? We can't have crackpots all over the country saying their going to GT and not be able to refute lies...

Originally posted by ramblinwise1:
guys, surely we can comment on whether we have offered a SA or not? We can't have crackpots all over the country saying their going to GT and not be able to refute lies...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If I understand the rules no comment can be made period by a school about a recruit.

Our latest verbal, Greg Hill, said he wasn't really even considering GT, but Coach BO'B kept calling him every week, and eventually he started to consider Tech.

So, maybe it's possible that even though the recruiting gurus don't list us as a school under consideration for some top recruits, we're there anyway, staying in the players' heads in case they're ready to explore other options.

Just a thought (hope), so it's not so depressing that we're out of the running for so many top prospects.

There are apparently some strange circumstances with Hill. He supposedly committed to Tech but has not been offered. Also, his high school coach has said he is suspended. I don't know if I would count him as a commitment anymore.

Originally posted by Beezoner:
OK, I give up. This was a great thing to happen to the program.

If one were a pessimist (I admit, sometimes I am), one could say that the only reason BO'B was hanging on with this troubled kid was that we were faring so poorly with so many of our targeted recruits.

Maybe we've got a whole bunch of signees waiting for February, but right now it just looks like we're struggling.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree that this sucks if for nothing else than we are back to 3 commitments. However, I don't think we can pin any blame, embarassment, or anything else on GT until we have more information. At this point, I am not sure that we even recruited the kid. What is embarassing is that there are over 30 kids from GA comitted to play div 1 football and not one single comittment to GT.

Back