Still can't figure this 7 point spread out............

2 Big Techsticles

Flats Noob
Still can\'t figure this 7 point spread out............

but something did occur to me this morning as I was pondering the peculiar line from Vegas while in the shower:

Please go back with me, if you will, to two seasons ago.

Auburn was an up and comer. Had beaten some pretty big opponents, including UGA. They were peaking at the end of the season.

Anyone know how they ended that year?

Let me help you.

The Tigers accepted a bid to play North Carolina in the Peach Bowl and were favored in Vegas.

UNC (who lost to Ga Tech that year as Julius Peppers was dominated by Dorsey) played the game of the year in applying all types of defensive blitzes and confusing Auburn in the Georgia Dome. They held Auburn to 176 yards, with just 31 of those coming on the ground.

Talent-wise, Auburn was head and shoulders above UNC but at the game's conclusion, it was the Tar Heels on top

Link 1

Link 2

What the hell does this have to do with anything? The mastermind behind the gameplan was then UNC Defensive coordinator John Tenuta.

Now we don't have a Julius Peppers roaming the defensive front but it does help that Tenuta is somewhat familiar in having extended time to prepare for an Auburn team just 19 months ago.

What's it mean? Probably not much. I'm still predicting disaster because of depth and the speed of Auburn's defense but perhaps this tidbit will give others a ray of hope.

Go Jackets.

sixbeers.gif

Re: Still can\'t figure this 7 point spread out............

Originally posted by 2 Big Techsticles:
What's it mean? Probably not much.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">2BT,

What does it mean????

I think you know, but if you don't, here is a hint:

(it gives you a very easy way to double your salary....and pay for the trip to Vegas...if you so choose).

Just be sure to donate a reasonable amount of your winnings to GT.

Shhhhh....don't tell anyone.
wink.gif

Back