Sting 'em Jackets!!! Here's the depth chart.

Re: Sting \'em Jackets!!! Here\'s the depth chart.

Thanks Ace, for your usual good supply of information.
I concentrate mainly on the 2nd unit. In my mind, I guage their capabilities and then recognize that they were "out-shown" by the guy ahead of them. We have some mighty fine back-ups (although we may be thin).
Anyone that can beat out most/all our back-ups must be pretty doggone good.
I think we have a good/decent shot at winning a good amount of games this year, and surprising some folks, as long as we escape the injury bug.

Techsamillion...That is going to be a BIG key for us ALL year.We have to stay injury free...Thats almost impossible to do ..But if you notice that the teams that do USUALLY have good years..Look at Ugag and last year...They pretty much stayed injury free..Oh they had the same ole nagging injuries that ALL teams do BUT...They dont lose KEY players for huge chunks of the season..Gailey has had some REAL bad luck last year...He loses our leading Rusher who just happens to lead the nation in Rushing (Tony Hollings)but we also lose the no.2 and no.3 RB for periods of time during the year then he loses guys like Dorsey,Wallace and others on the OL for many games, we also lose our no.1 middle LB for chunks of the season..Now thats a streak of bad luck..Im really amazed we did as well as we did..
We have a solid 1st string (Of course VERY,VERY young) but like one coach said almost everyone has a solid 1st string but the FSUs of the world have solid 2s and 3s.....

So true, BW, and by the way, thank you so much for your posts over the past month or so.

Everything depends upon our remaining healthy. Who knows (those d..fsus and others) may get squelched by injuries. I hope for no one's misfortune: only to say that I do hope, that our's will be the least of all. We have truly been hurt the past couple of years. Hey, "Gang'um Jackets"!!!!!!!! Win!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by techsamillion:
I concentrate mainly on the 2nd unit. ...We have some mighty fine back-ups (although we may be thin)....Anyone that can beat out most/all our back-ups must be pretty doggone good.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Not trying to rain on your parade, but most of these backups have never played a collegiate game. I was starting to feel more optimistic until I thought of things this way...

Understand the perpetual question marks, and I am most overly non-realistic, but still I stand by this remark:

"I think we have a good/decent shot at winning a good amount of games this year, and surprising some folks, as long as we escape the injury bug."

I notice Woods is listed at the no. 2 tailback spot. Has anyone heard if the staff feels they will be able to redshirt Grant?

nathogt: Think I read that about R.S. of Woods somewhere. Must be so; unless an emergency occurs. Personally, I was thinking he would be a major contributor this year; but the that shows to go you about guys like me.

RB is a position that is injury prone. The excellent move by our staff of bringing in Woods from MB has given our Jackets a RB depth lift. Woods has simply looked better than Grant at this pt. The staff won't play Grant, & he'll get a rs, unless injuries force them to. Remember that our staff was going to rs Eziemefe & Sampson last yr, but were forced to play them.

Back