Sting Talk

Just seeing if I can help with the site as much as possible, I hope this truely replaces that frightful thing called "The Hive"

Check out this possible design for a menu. I'm always open to suggestions... eventually I crank out something really good.

Sting Talk Menu Design

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat
I luv your artistic ability. That menu is great! Hive problems will only serve to open more options for fans. Wish I knew how to do all these graphics that y'all come up with. This site is so fun with the graemlins, icons, and all.

gtfan

Sith Lord
Staff member
The "hive" has done many positive things and will continue to thrive as a forum for GT fans. Stingtalk was not created to compete with the hive. For the people who come to this board I believe they see it as a different GT forum. It is another place on the www where gt fans can express their fews and opinions.

If it were not for the "hive" stingtalk could not have grown as fast as it has.

We should understand that because of the size of the "hive" the job of moderator is a much more daunting task. I sincerely believe that RamblinReck has the best interest of GT at heart. While I understand that stingtalk is different from the hive, I think that we should be appreciative for the "hive."

I continue to read the hive and find it to be a great GT forum.

I appreciate the concept.
I appreciate the devotion.
I appreciate the fans there.
I appreciate what RR has done.

I disagree with the execution though. But as the saying goes, "whatever floats your boat"

I view this board kinda like BASF. "We don't make alot of the products you buy... we make alot of the products you buy BETTER"

I'm not talking a "hive hostile takeover" -- that's just too big for this system. And would frankly be a daunting task for you guys. I'm just talking enough people to keep a steady clip of posts, etc. going, minus possible Dawg fans and BOTD's and other non-sense.

I, as a webmaster, can appreciate the effort that goes behind a website. So, if you need me, drop a line.

I also welcome anybody who as big a die-hard as me (hard to believe from my end, but one day it may happen), to talk some GT sports.

AOL/AIM S/N: KREATIVEassassin

KCJackets

Varsity Lurker
Am I missing something here? When I click on the OP's link all I see is 4 buzz logos and the text next to them. I realize these are links.

If this was a serious attempt, let it be known that I'm not trying to flame. That looked really dumbed down to me and really old looking.

I'm guessing that web design and forums are a lot harder than the simple html format we used in CS1371 to create modest websites. Personally, I'd prefer what is already in place over that.

Anyways, I enjoy this site over the Hive. I give StingTalk the edge because posters are allowed to speak their mind and honest opinions are shared. The Hive has the brand name, paid resources, but is too weak for me.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
Am I missing something here? When I click on the OP's link all I see is 4 buzz logos and the text next to them. I realize these are links.

If this was a serious attempt, let it be known that I'm not trying to flame. That looked really dumbed down to me and really old looking.

I'm guessing that web design and forums are a lot harder than the simple html format we used in CS1371 to create modest websites. Personally, I'd prefer what is already in place over that.

Anyways, I enjoy this site over the Hive. I give StingTalk the edge because posters are allowed to speak their mind and honest opinions are shared. The Hive has the brand name, paid resources, but is too weak for me.
It's a 9-year old thread.

supertech1984

Flats Noob
The reason I randomly bumped this is because this is the first stin talk related thread when you google sting talk. Also, I thought it was funny.

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
The reason I randomly bumped this is because this is the first stin talk related thread when you google sting talk. Also, I thought it was funny.
That's what you get for googling Sting Talk. It's Stingtalk, broseph.

GTKyle

Dodd-Like
RamblinReck banned me because I asked the question "How many wins will it take for Chan to keep his job?"

The Hive is shit.

gtfan

Sith Lord
Staff member
trip down memory lane but my post above is accurate. The Hive allowed us to link to stingtalk in posts which helped get the word out about stingtalk.

GT needed more than one forum.

I remember those initial conversations about setting up Stingtalk with Beestorm and now 650K posts later.....

cajunjacket

Dodd-Like
trip down memory lane but my post above is accurate. The Hive allowed us to link to stingtalk in posts which helped get the word out about stingtalk.

GT needed more than one forum.

I remember those initial conversations about setting up Stingtalk with Beestorm and now 650K posts later.....
You guys have done a great job. Thanks for creating a forum like this for us to discuss all things GT and more.

:bowdown:

CrackerJacket

Flats Noob
RamblinReck banned me because I asked the question "How many wins will it take for Chan to keep his job?"
I can say, with a high degree of confidence, that noone has ever been banned from the Hive for a singular post like you describe above.

Now that Stingtalk has matured (and quite nicely too) I think Georgia Tech has two good quality message boards with active communities.

When people ask me what board to read, I suggest both.