StingTalk Chat...

jacketguy

Damn Good Rat
Does anyone ever use the chat on this site? If so, are there specific times etc when there is a chat... if there is not... would anyone be interested in setting up a chat calendar (so to speak) ...

the chatroom is open and we have used it a little but nothing is a set schedule

soon we will upgrade the software so it will show who is in the chatroom at the bottom of the board

as this board grows we expect the chatroom to get more use

we may try to have chats during signing day tommorow

I encourage everyone to go in and check it out.

If anyone wants to chat just post a message inviting members to come to the chatroom.

If you guys want to get a weekly chat session started, work out a time that most people can be here, and we can meet here one nite a week get a "round-table discussion" going. This would be a good start.

Try the chat out now, if you have any questions, post them in this thread. The chat room is really cool and its real-time. No need to keep hitting your browser refresh button.

the Topic of the channel should mention the time of the next scheduled chat. That way folks can come back later.

good idea jimbob, as soon as we come to a consensus on a time and day, I will set the topic to reflect it.

I propose Thursday Feb 14 at 9:30 pm.

Whats everyone think of this?

I can be there Thursday at 9:30 .. (dont forget to give your wife a box of candy first !!)

Everyone that plans on chatting should go ahead and practice logging in, chatting, etc. So we dont have to use chat time giving a tutorial. Try it out today, if you have any questions, I will answer them in this thread. If you prefer to use Mirc or other irc client(if you dont know what this is, dont worry), I can post the server info.
I am here to help.
smile.gif

I just checked out the chat room. Pretty sweet. I really like the real time chat. The only thing that I see a potential for a problem is if there are a lot of people in the chat room and everyone is entering text it may be hard to read everything.

Is it possible to change the color of your text without having to change it each time? When I was testing it out, it would automatically change back to black text after each post. Same thing with the bold.

Originally posted by toe meets leather:
fine for me but, only if we get some females in the chat room.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">haha, good luck..first you gotta find tech women which is hard enough...then tech women who like sports...and then tech women who like football and want to talk about it on a computer. Riiiight. Triple whammy!

excuse me... There are some GT women that read this board! I happen to bee a GT FAN since 1985, when I was in middle school. OHHHH..By the way I am a woman and there is nothing better than a GT athletic event!!I have been to GT basketball games, GT football games and GT baseball games. GOOOOOOOOOOO JACKETS!!!
wink.gif

Back