Stolen from The Hive - Re: Buck Belue/GT WR's

techfowl

Jolly Good Fellow
Stolen from The Hive - Re: Buck Belue/GT WR\'s

Read this on the Hive. Thanks to GTYJacketsfan911.

Buck Belue on GT WR's

I've gotta say I've been a Buck Belue fan ever since he hit the air. The guy knows his football. He is the ONLY guy that knows anything or talks anything outside the SEC over there at 680.

You guys know 680 right? It's the same place I heard about a guy at NC State named 'David' Rivers. There 'was' a QB named David Rivers - a momentary 4th string QB for the Falcons at the time - but Max and Perry had him confused with a little known guy named Phillip Rivers.

Hell - just because the rest of the country knew it was Phillip - and even though the NFL thought he was worth a 2nd round pick overall - there is no reason for anybody at 680 (besides Buck) to know who he is. The guy plays in the ACC for goodness sake.

If he'd played at Tennessee they would have named a street after him.

Not sure who this TA McLendon guy is, though.

Buck knows his football and he takes shots at us, but it's usually funny, truthful, or at least with nowhere near the venom I spew towards UGA. We should expect him not to like GT, but also to be a professional when doing his job. He does more than that in my opinion.

I've heard the guy break down UVA, NC State, us, Clemson, and Maryland quite well. And he's a real smart-***. I'm a fan.

That being said - he brings up good points, but may have laid it on a 'little' thick. I also believe that our WR group should be much better than expected, but maybe not 'as' good as Buck suggests.

Re: Stolen from The Hive - Re: Buck Belue/GT WR\'s

Hell, who knows how good our recievers were last year. We only threw to the primary reciever, who was usually Freddie Smith, and if we threw to another who knows were the ball went.

Re: Stolen from The Hive - Re: Buck Belue/GT WR\'s

We DO have a lot of potential at WR. I have a good feeling that we are gonna see some suprises at LB this year. If we can fill those spots, look out for GT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/2orglaugh.gif

Back