Stomping on the "G"???

Father WASP

Flats Noob
People keep saying Gailey is a class act. I disagree. If he was he wouldn't have a third rate team dancing around like a bunch of no-class idiots and instead get them ready to play football. The first thing I would do is bring them in the locker room and tell them to lose the beards and long hair if they wanted to stay on scholarship. This lack of discipline started early and never stopped - stupid penalties, busted assignments, balls on the ground.

At the end all these logo stompers were relegated to what Georgia used to be for us - heads down on the bench with their tails whipped. The only problem is someone forgot to tell Braine,
Gailey and the rest of this bunch they were wearing the same gold and white jersies donned by Lothridge, King, Ivery, Swilling, Perdoni, etc. If you want to act classless and play classless take it somewhere else. I for one, do give a damn and only wish someone would act in the TECH tradition.

I'll say it again, this is not about losing a football game - it is about going out on national t.v. with no game plan, no fight, no discipline and no effort.

Someone needs to call this entire staff in and rerun the game film over and ask them if they are proud of this. I'm not. And the next time we go around dancing like a bunch of undisciplined showoffs and get routed like this I hope the opposing coach runs 70 on us! At least take off the GT's off the helmet before they shame them!

Stomping on the G was classless. I can't believe a Tech team would ever do something so stupid. UGA did the same thing in Knoxville in '99 and UT beat them like a rented mule. Seems like a serious breakdown in discipline.

BRAVO!! HERE, HERE!! How in the world could CG ever let that happen? He should be reprimanded for having lost control of this team. I was embarrassed first by the stomping (and still am) and even more by the game.

CG called them quitters? Well, then, why did he just stand around isolated from team? Why not yank the quitters and embarrass them rather than us?

I AM P--SED AND WILL REMAIN SO AS LONG AS CAMP
GAILEY CONTINUES TO STAY IN BUSINESS AS USUAL!!

I agree again FW. For them to go out and stomp the G and then come out not prepared for war is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Did they think they were going to scare Georgia with that antic? Any well disciplined team doesn't act like that. They walk the walk, not just talk the talk. I also agree with the dreadlocks outside the helmit look. C'mon Chan, you are not susposed to be their buddy. You are susposed to be their coach. To me your chance is over. If I had anything to do with it, your butt would be fired right after the game. This won't go away. Saturday will not fade into oblivion.

For the record, I didn't think they were stomping the "G" at midfield. I though we were just "getting ourselves up" at midfield, but the more I think about it 2 days removed I see what everyone is talking about. But at the time the thought never crossed my mind.

Back