Stud RB names Tech favorite

Beezoner

Varsity Lurker
See below:

Florida RB/DB Names Five
By Chris Pool
Date: Nov 7, 2002

One of the top prospects in the state of Florida missed his last three games because of an injury. He rushed for a little under 1,000 yards and had 16 touchdowns.

One of the top running back prospects in the Sunshine State is 5-foot-11, 187-pound, ReShaun Grant.

Grant, from Jefferson High School in Tampa says he has a leader for his services.

"Right now I'd say that Georgia Tech is my leader and I'll visit them on December 13th.

I'm in the process of setting up January visits with Miami and Florida right now. Miami is up there with Georgia Tech.

"I have about 20 scholarship offers right now. My favorites are Florida, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Miami and North Carolina."

Grant is a two-year varsity starter that moved to Tampa from Georgia after his sophomore year. He's been timed at 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

Grant had 2,000 all-purpose yards as scored 22 touchdowns as a junior. In 2002, he rushed for 980 yards and 16 touchdowns but missed the last three regular season games because of a dislocated ankle.

"It's just a freak thing that happened," said Grant. "I'm just focusing on healing and getting ready for the next level."

Grant claims scholarship offers from all favorites.

Back