Stunning how many Georgia players sign w/BCS Conferences

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
I was just browsing down this list of recruits from the state of Georgia who signed 1a scholarships. There's a smattering of MAC & Sun Belt signees, but the overwhelming amount inked with the big-name conferences. This group of 156 (I think) is probably not every one that signed & there will be some that DNQ. It certainly doesn't mention Army/Navy which together reaped, at least, 10 more from Ga.
Look how many prospects u've never heard of who signed with the Big10. Those schools' Coaching Staffs figure these guys can play Big 10 football vs Michigan, Ohio St & Penn St. Almost unbelievable, isn't it? If Ga Tech had signed any of these recruits at the end the GT fans would've said 'who?' GT beat out 'Purdue & Indiana?'
Look how many recruits u've never heard of who signed with the SEC's Arkansas, Ole Miss, SCar, Vandy, etc. Truly amazing. The ACC has quite a catch from the Peach State, as well.
Have fun browsing;

http://hsgeorgia.scout.com/a.z?s=37&p=9&c=8&yr=2008

This is why I love PJ's strategy of focusing on GA. It is the key to long term success.

I'm really excited about this Antonio Wilson kid. 6-6 220. 11 sacks in 4 games of football which he had NEVER even played before.

Intriguing prospect to say the least.

We're in agreement

I'm very pleased that Coach Johnson really 'gets it' as far as where to recruit. The Rambling Wreck staff very well might add close to 20 new Georgia players in '09.
Ya gotta be estatic about the 1st 3 Yellow Jacket commits for '09! The big DT John Drew from Columbus' Northside HS, the very big DT JC Lanier from Twin City's Emanuel Co. Inst & the tall DE Emanuel Dieke of College Park's N.Clayton. Fabulous start to '09! Here's Rivals' capsules on the 3 '09 recruits. Plug in 2009 to the 'year'.

http://georgiatech.rivals.com/commitlist.asp

Wesley, very interesting indeed,

imagine what a redshirt season & nearly 1 1/2 yrs with the GT coaches will do for Antonio by Fall '09!

Right on, Goldmember! Now Tech fans can add LB Chaun Gresham of Apalachee HS in Winder & LB Brandon Watts of talent rich Washington Co HS in Sandersville. Washington Co has Div1A talent almost every single yr & now the Yellow Jackets have a major presence there. This is great!
Folks, Ga Tech will not be outrecruited in Georgia as long as Coach Johnson & Staff are @ North Ave. GT will get 'theirs' & UGa will get 'theirs'. Everybody else will now follow these TWO. Early reports show that Coach J & Asst Coaches really understand how important this recruiting regimen is to GT.
Catch the new list of 5 Georgia Yellow Jacket recruits;

Re: Wesley, very interesting indeed,

imagine what a redshirt season & nearly 1 1/2 yrs with the GT coaches will do for Antonio by Fall '09!

Right on, Goldmember! Now Tech fans can add LB Chaun Gresham of Apalachee HS in Winder & LB Brandon Watts of talent rich Washington Co HS in Sandersville. Washington Co has Div1A talent almost every single yr & now the Yellow Jackets have a major presence there. This is great!
Folks, Ga Tech will not be outrecruited in Georgia as long as Coach Johnson & Staff are @ North Ave. GT will get 'theirs' & UGa will get 'theirs'. Everybody else will now follow these TWO. Early reports show that Coach J & Asst Coaches really understand how important this recruiting regimen is to GT.
Catch the new list of 5 Georgia Yellow Jacket recruits;

To be the devil's advocate, Georgie loaded up super early and will have a small class. In particular they have a lot of LBs in their small class already IIRC.

I expect that we identified a few top linebackers and we will take the first of them to commit. With the LB slots in state filling up quick, the top LBs seem to be aware that if they wait too long they could miss out.

Georgie is taking a calculated risk filling so many slots early. They could miss out on a lot of players due to no room. We are too, but probably a smaller risk since we can take a big class and we are pacing ourselves relative to others.

Re: Wesley, very interesting indeed,

To be the devil's advocate, Georgie loaded up super early and will have a small class. In particular they have a lot of LBs in their small class already IIRC.

I expect that we identified a few top linebackers and we will take the first of them to commit. With the LB slots in state filling up quick, the top LBs seem to be aware that if they wait too long they could miss out.

Georgie is taking a calculated risk filling so many slots early. They could miss out on a lot of players due to no room. We are too, but probably a smaller risk since we can take a big class and we are pacing ourselves relative to others.

We don't need to ever beat uga in a head to head battle to have a great GA recruiting year. It would help sure, but there is plenty of talent to go around. We need to beat the out of state schools, which should be much easier.

Back