Suggs needs to improve

Adam Ridings gt fan

Varsity Lurker
If we are to win anymore games with Suggs at qb
he will need to become an mobile qb and learn how to read the opposing teams defense.If he could do that he could be an better qb.
wink.gif

I think mobility is somewhat overrated. Godsey wasn't very mobile. Look at Clemson, Simmons is more mobile than Whitehurst but Whitehurst clearly gives Clemson a better chance to win right now. A successful QB, needs to have the following: arm strength, accuracy, the ability to read defenses, and avoid turnovers. Suggs is 0 for 4 in those categories. It doesn't matter if Bilbo doesn't all the plays. If he scrambles for a 5 yard gain on a play he misreads the defenses, it's better than having Suggs throw an interception.

Godsey had the football smarts and he was a coach on the field, whereas AJ doesn't have the football IQ that Godsey had. Plus AJ either throws too soon or holds the ball too long, in other words AJ just can't get into sync. I feel badly for AJ because I think he really tries but
he doesn't have the essentials to take a team on his back when the chips are down.

Mobility although a plus is very over-rated...
What is more important is the qb's ability to interpret what the defense is going to do then he can avoid it...
Mobility is a plus when the blocking scheme fails or is breached...
Troy Aikman rarely moved out of the pocket yet he won 4 Super Bowls... his ability to read defenses and his 'O' line were the primary factors in his success...
Rumours have it that Aikman couldn't adapt to Gailey's offenses... so Gailey went packing... life in the Pros...

Back