Sure Wish We Had Those Turnovers Back Against Syracuse..

Forget about the turnovers forced (which were nice). The clean sheet when it came to minuses was the story of the game. When this team takes care of the ball, they're competitive and they're fun to watch.

Some people clowned the notion, but TEs that can block make a diff. QB had a lot more time this week. He wasn't throwing picks up in the air while getting creamed after 2 seconds.
At least two tipped picks would not have happened with a Dylan on the right side.

Anyway, we needed to improve in key areas and we did so in at least several areas. We should be happy with the improvement in our young players, who have room for more improvement.

Techbert,
said we were close to clicking

I mean yeah. Same thing UL is saying tonight. Turnovers happen. Cuse should be credited for creating pressure on 4ish of the turnovers. Just like we should be credited for making Hawkins our bitch tonight.

2-2 with a true frosh QB and half our 2-deep on the DL out thus far. I’ll take it and move forward.

I don't worry too much about this. I always said I would start expecting wins in season 3 under Collins due to the nature of the rebuild, so I'm not going to sweat losses this year.

I'm much more concerned with how we look playing the game, and we've shown lots pf flashes of greatness this year, including basically the entire second half last night.

We just need to work on being more consistent, which isn't surprising given our youth.

I don't worry too much about this. I always said I would start expecting wins in season 3 under Collins due to the nature of the rebuild, so I'm not going to sweat losses this year.

I'm much more concerned with how we look playing the game, and we've shown lots pf flashes of greatness this year, including basically the entire second half last night.

We just need to work on being more consistent, which isn't surprising given our youth.
Absolutely. Our OL is going to get better, stronger, and more skilled over the next several seasons. Sims is going to be a stud. Gibbs is already a top back in the ACC. Very Spiller-like, being a dual threat runner/receiver. Need some DL depth.

Having the Dylan's back at TE really helped. They are some big dudes.

We’d be sitting 3-0 in the conference.

If before the season I told you that after 4 games we would be tied for 5th in the conference, with 7 teams looking up at us including Pitt, Va, FSU, and Lville, would you have taken it?

I seem to think you would have told me to put down the crack pipe cuz that ain't gonna happen. Your posts tend to not be glass half full or glass half empty; they tend to be glass almost empty posts.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda... better off looking forwards, not backwards. This is still a young team that’s learning how to win consistently.

Back