Sylvain out for year

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
I’m not even going to attempt to spell his name and butcher it. But it’s on twitter that CGC says he is out for year with undisclosed injury.

Got hurt against Cuse, right? Remember hearing Clayton was supposed to be on a low snap count in that game before Sylvain went down.

So out of our 2-deep at DL we’ve had:
Chimedza missed every game - Out for year
Owens missed every game - ???
Clayton missed 2/4 games - healthy
Ryan missed 2/4 games - ???
Sylvain missed 2/4 games - out for year

Coleman/Thacker have their work cut out for them.

Sorry to hear. He is a good player and I like the way he plays. If everyone else is healthy then we are OK at DE. DT is where we are really thin.

I didn’t know we had quality depth coming into the season, but Clayton, Dominick, Ryans and Bennett have all looked good at times. Let’s hope for no more injuries. The frequent substitutions has been very helpful keeping guys fresh late in the game.

Hell, are there any left?!??

We've got several young ones like Ivey, Kennard, Johnson. I think all three of those have been either ATL at one point or otherwise appeared in a game. I mean, Sylvain is only a true sophomore himself, so we are young either way there.

Is Dingle DE or DT now?

Got hurt against Cuse, right? Remember hearing Clayton was supposed to be on a low snap count in that game before Sylvain went down.

So out of our 2-deep at DL we’ve had:
Chimedza missed every game - Out for year
Owens missed every game - ???
Clayton missed 2/4 games - healthy
Ryan missed 2/4 games - ???
Sylvain missed 2/4 games - out for year

Coleman/Thacker have their work cut out for them.

Chris Martin was probably gonna start - out for good.

But I think between Chico, AC, Domineck, Dingle, and Ryan, we have a good rotation at DE yet. That's without even considering the freshmen who've been playing meaningful snaps. DE is not our weakness. We need bigger push and better hands from the inside guys. TK and Chris Martin were big losses (like BA and Jahaziel last year).

Chris Martin was probably gonna start - out for good.

But I think between Chico, AC, Domineck, Dingle, and Ryan, we have a good rotation at DE yet. That's without even considering the freshmen who've been playing meaningful snaps. DE is not our weakness. We need bigger push and better hands from the inside guys. TK and Chris Martin were big losses (like BA and Jahaziel last year).
Chris Martin was a non factor; he was pretty much out of the rotation by mid year in 2019

Back