Tariq Carpenter staying for second senior season

bonham

Dodd-Like
Thoughts? Don't know how I feel about this. We have a lot of young talent at the position that I'd like to see get more time.

Thoughts? Don't know how I feel about this. We have a lot of young talent at the position that I'd like to see get more time.
We had a lengthy discussion about this in the who stays/who goes thread. Tariq missed all of last summer having 4 surgeries, no use of either arm/wrist, and couldn't sweat all summer. He reported to camp overweight and out of shape and had to start preparing basically 2 weeks before the season started. He wasn't back down to his normal playing weight until the last couple weeks of the season. We have seen his talent level. I think another off season to get back in playing shape and he could have a monster year next year.

I thought some info came to light that explained his dropoff this season - both hands in a cast all summer so couldn't work out and added some unhelpful weight. I think we will see a big difference next year.

If he helps win games he plays. You can’t refute that can you?
Not at all. That was my point. I was answering the suggestion that the younger fellas needed playing time and that's great if they can beat Tariq out.

My guess is those that are announcing they’re coming back next year have talked to CGC to be sure they’ll be needed/wanted next year.

My guess is those that are announcing they’re coming back next year have talked to CGC to be sure they’ll be needed/wanted next year.

Since they are using provided graphic formats, that is a pretty safe bet.

Back