Taxslayer Bowl Crowd

The Jacket

The Coat
I think I saw somewhere that this was the worst attended Gator Bowl since back in the 50's or so.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
The Gator Bowl used to have more prestige and wasn't played at 11 in the damn morning.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
I don't really care how many, or why UK fans were there. Or the color shirts UK fans wore.

Our fan BASE was embarrassing yesterday. This was the smallest crowd I have ever seen us take to a bowl game AFTER beating ugag. Especially considering it was in Jax!

Other bowl games will remember this 2nd rate (at best) support when deciding who to invite if they are in that type situation.

If a game in Ireland has that much influence over a good bowl trip, then skip that irish crap. Thank God we were not in the CFP! "Well, we went to Ireland to start the season so we will skip this"

Have read some posts whining again about something reported/not reported in AUC. Anyone stop to think what kind of article they could write about our bowl attendance?

And most important, our S/As DESERVED BETTER GT ATTENDANCE.

And this fan base is going to increase donations to get us out of debt, build better facilities, and help CPJ pay assistants more? (Run TStan, Run)

1 in 6 millionaires? Perhaps.

100% cheapskates? Proof in the pudding.

Last edited:

jacket67

Dodd-Like
The Kentucky fans we encountered were friendly before the game, and gracious in defeat. They seemed happy to be going to a bowl game, regardless of the outcome. I think a lot of them had no true connection to the school, though. They just live in that part of the country or did at one time.

cyptomcat

Hibernating
I don't really care how many, or why UK fans were there. Or the color shirts UK fans wore.

Our fan BASE was embarrassing yesterday. This was the smallest crowd I have ever seen us take to a bowl game AFTER beating ugag. Especially considering it was in Jax!

Other bowl games will remember this 2nd rate (at best) support when deciding who to invite if they are in that type situation.

If a game in Ireland has that much influence over a good bowl trip, then skip that irish crap. Thank God we were not in the CFP! "Well, we went to Ireland to start the season so we will skip this"

Have read some posts whining again about something reported/not reported in AUC. Anyone stop to think what kind of article they could write about our bowl attendance?

And this fan base is going to increase donations to get us out of debt, build better facilities, and help CPJ pay assistants more? (Run TStan, Run)

jacket67

Dodd-Like
Heads up to anyone who didn't record the game. I forgot to set my DVR before leaving for Jacksonville, but SEC network is showing the replay tonight at 4:30 am.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Jacksonville is not a particularly great vacation destination either. There is not much to do outside of the zoo and beaches when it's not cold. That may have something to do with attendance.

That said, I was impressed by what has been done to stadium. The club seats were fantastic and the under stands concourses were fantastic.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Skip Ireland in case we end up in Jacksonville for New Years? Yeah, okay. That two weeks in Ireland was one of the better trips I've ever had.

And to be perfectly honest, the 11am kickoff was one of the deciding factors for me. I had a choice between seeing my sister's fam which only really happens around the holidays or fly down to Jacksonville (a crappy city to spend NY) and not even get to have a proper tailgate? If it had been at 3:30 or a night game the temptation of getting properly tuned up to watch Tech live would have been enough to have me fly down if just for the night.

LeonardWood

Dodd-Like

I blame Paul Johnson

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Skip Ireland in case we end up in Jacksonville for New Years? Yeah, okay. That two weeks in Ireland was one of the better trips I've ever had.
An all expense paid trip to Europe is probably also a great recruiting tool.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.

And to be perfectly honest, the 11am kickoff was one of the deciding factors for me. I had a choice between seeing my sister's fam which only really happens around the holidays or fly down to Jacksonville (a crappy city to spend NY) and not even get to have a proper tailgate? If it had been at 3:30 or a night game the temptation of getting properly tuned up to watch Tech live would have been enough to have me fly down if just for the night.
11 am was absolutely why I didn't attend.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
Yep, worst since 1958's Florida-Ole Miss game. The closest to yesterday's 43,102 since then was our 2000 game against Miami, though I don't doubt that all but five or six of the 43,416 for that nightmare were Tech fans.
ööööty date, ööööty kickoff time, ööööty bowl name. Not surprised.

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
I guess TaxSlayer thinks if they call it the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl, people will just call it the Gator Bowl and they lose advertising. I think it's a mistake because calling it just the TaxSlayer Bowl feels like it diminishes it, makes it less important. You need some generic noun in there: sun, tangerine, candy, whatever.

Iron City Wreck

Varsity Lurker (Hey, you gonna eat that?)
Heads up to anyone who didn't record the game. I forgot to set my DVR before leaving for Jacksonville, but SEC network is showing the replay tonight at 4:30 am.
Did the SEC network edit out the acknowledgement by the announcers and the loud and clear audio of the ACC! ACC! ACC! chants between 2 and 3 minutes to go in the game?

On replays, I still love hearing the ACC! ACC! Chant in the 4th quarter of the 2014 Orange Bowl (That I proudly started). I wish the audio would have picked up the complete meltdown of the MSU couple behind me, who up to that point had been pretty cordial.