Taxslayer Bowl Crowd

yellowbritchies

Flats Noob
I don't really care how many, or why UK fans were there. Or the color shirts UK fans wore.

Our fan BASE was embarrassing yesterday. This was the smallest crowd I have ever seen us take to a bowl game AFTER beating ugag. Especially considering it was in Jax!

Other bowl games will remember this 2nd rate (at best) support when deciding who to invite if they are in that type situation.

If a game in Ireland has that much influence over a good bowl trip, then skip that irish crap. Thank God we were not in the CFP! "Well, we went to Ireland to start the season so we will skip this"

Have read some posts whining again about something reported/not reported in AUC. Anyone stop to think what kind of article they could write about our bowl attendance?

And most important, our S/As DESERVED BETTER GT ATTENDANCE.

And this fan base is going to increase donations to get us out of debt, build better facilities, and help CPJ pay assistants more? (Run TStan, Run)

1 in 6 millionaires? Perhaps.

100% cheapskates? Proof in the pudding.
Agree withmost of what you say. I heard Stansbury say that tech had sold most of their allocations (8000) ? Looking across the field uk had the lower bowl filled. In fact on the Tech side there were more uk fans sitting.The Jacksonville Times said that this was the smallest turnout in maybe 50 years and cited the Tech fans for the small attendance. They also brought up the fact that Tech did not attend the Orange Bowl in big numbers.I agree that this kind of reputation could effect future bowl invites.

cyptomcat

Hibernating
Agree withmost of what you say. I heard Stansbury say that tech had sold most of their allocations (8000) ? Looking across the field uk had the lower bowl filled. In fact on the Tech side there were more uk fans sitting.The Jacksonville Times said that this was the smallest turnout in maybe 50 years and cited the Tech fans for the small attendance. They also brought up the fact that Tech did not attend the Orange Bowl in big numbers.I agree that this kind of reputation could effect future bowl invites.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Maybe if they picked a better opponent for us instead of a bottom rung sec team. Same thing for Mississippi State. No one gives a öööö about either.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I don't really care how many, or why UK fans were there. Or the color shirts UK fans wore.

Our fan BASE was embarrassing yesterday. This was the smallest crowd I have ever seen us take to a bowl game AFTER beating ugag. Especially considering it was in Jax!

Other bowl games will remember this 2nd rate (at best) support when deciding who to invite if they are in that type situation.

If a game in Ireland has that much influence over a good bowl trip, then skip that irish crap. Thank God we were not in the CFP! "Well, we went to Ireland to start the season so we will skip this"

Have read some posts whining again about something reported/not reported in AUC. Anyone stop to think what kind of article they could write about our bowl attendance?

And this fan base is going to increase donations to get us out of debt, build better facilities, and help CPJ pay assistants more? (Run TStan, Run)

How many did you bring to the game, @texstinger?

cyptomcat

Hibernating
Maybe if they picked a better opponent for us instead of a bottom rung sec team. Same thing for Mississippi State. No one gives a öööö about either.
pick a better opponent?

Kentucky was tied with uga and Tennessee at 4-4 in conference.
Miss. St. was 6-2 in conference, behind Alabama's 7-1.

These teams won a lot of games in SEC, and deserved to represent the crappy SEC.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Miss State had been ranked #1 for a portion of the season. Their QB is starting as a rookie for the Cowboys. I think most fans were pretty psyched to play them.

The fact of the matter is that a typical Tech fan's life doesn't revolve around college football. Even enthusiastic fans in our base sometimes have other things that they would like to do over the holidays. And during the regular season, it appears.

Even here at Stingtalk, there are plenty of regular posters who live in Atlanta and don't attend games.

IIWII.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Miss State had been ranked #1 for a portion of the season. Their QB is starting as a rookie for the Cowboys. I think most fans were pretty psyched to play them.

The fact of the matter is that a typical Tech fan's life doesn't revolve around college football. Even enthusiastic fans in our base sometimes have other things that they would like to do over the holidays. And during the regular season, it appears.

Even here at Stingtalk, there are plenty of regular posters who live in Atlanta and don't attend games.

IIWII.
I was excited to play both and beat both. But let's be honest, an LSU, UF, UT or Auburn is going to attract more butts in the seats from Tech fans than Kentucky and Mississippi State. Regardless of how good those teams are in any given season.

jacket67

Dodd-Like
Most of the SEC teams have huge fan support, but it is a mistake to think that Tech is not on par with most college programs. If you watch all the bowl games, you'll see lots of empty seats, except for a handful of the top match-ups in major venues between factory schools. The Taxslayer Bowl is in the same tier as the bowls that hosted Pitt, UNC, and VT. I don't know what the ticket sales were like for each of those games, but they probably were not a lot more than GT's turnout for our bowl game. I'm sure the bowl committees prefer their SEC teams and would like to get a big fanbase school, like Clemson or FSU from the ACC, but Tech is a more attractive selection than half of the teams in our conference. Does anybody think the Taxslayer committee was crying that they didn't have WF, BC, Syracuse, Duke, or UVa coming to Jacksonville?

18in32

Petard Hoister
So much whining. Thank heavens the GT team was better than the GT fans rather than the other way around, like UK.

GTTiger

Varsity Lurker
I was there at the game. I don't think the GT turnout was all that bad.

If I was guessing Kentucky had about 25K, and GT was 15-18K. The GT side was 85% Georgia Tech fans.

JimBones

Varsity Lurker
Kentucky showing was impressive and added to the atmosphere IMO. Tech showing was fine. The bowls sold out locals years ago for an expanded tv package and this is the result. I think there were a few non-partisans in the endzones but I doubt more than 2-3k. Can't say I would roll out of bed for an 11 am new years kickoff with a 7-5 Kentucky if I was a local.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gtg970g

Dodd-Like
How can they expect us to show up for an 11 am kick against a perennial SEC bottom dweller? I will only attend games against stout competition and when GT is in the hunt for the national championship. Also, I don’t want it to be either too hot, to cold, to wet, or too dry (I have sensitive skin). I do NOT tolerate sitting in the sun nor do I tolerate sustained wind greater than 5 mph (gusts up to 10 mph are tolerable so long as they occur no more than once an hour). The game must start 3 pm or later and I cannot tolerate bad traffic into or out of stadium (mass transit is not an option either). If GT does not win I won’t be attending another game until the fricking coach is gone. Gourmet food including full bar should be served upon request. Oh and I don’t want to pay any more than $20 a seat or I’ll be staying home and watching on the couch with my two cats.

Signed
Typical GT Fan

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Most of the SEC teams have huge fan support, but it is a mistake to think that Tech is not on par with most college programs. If you watch all the bowl games, you'll see lots of empty seats, except for a handful of the top match-ups in major venues between factory schools. The Taxslayer Bowl is in the same tier as the bowls that hosted Pitt, UNC, and VT. I don't know what the ticket sales were like for each of those games, but they probably were not a lot more than GT's turnout for our bowl game. I'm sure the bowl committees prefer their SEC teams and would like to get a big fanbase school, like Clemson or FSU from the ACC, but Tech is a more attractive selection than half of the teams in our conference. Does anybody think the Taxslayer committee was crying that they didn't have WF, BC, Syracuse, Duke, or UVa coming to Jacksonville?
Yep. Only a small number of programs can fill any stadium, any time. Attendance is a struggle across all sports at the moment, actually. I assume the TaxSlayer Bowl folks made their coin, as did all the other bowls, even the really lousy ones. Otherwise, they woudn't keep putting these things on year after year.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
How can they expect us to show up for an 11 am kick against a perennial SEC bottom dweller? I will only attend games against stout competition and when GT is in the hunt for the national championship. Also, I don’t want it to be either too hot, to cold, to wet, or too dry (I have sensitive skin). I do NOT tolerate sitting in the sun nor do I tolerate sustained wind greater than 5 mph (gusts up to 10 mph are tolerable so long as they occur no more than once an hour). The game must start 3 pm or later and I cannot tolerate bad traffic into or out of stadium (mass transit is not an option either). If GT does not win I won’t be attending another game until the fricking coach is gone. Gourmet food including full bar should be served upon request. Oh and I don’t want to pay any more than $20 a seat or I’ll be staying home and watching on the couch with my two cats.

Signed
Typical GT Fan
Exactly!!! It's like pulling teeth with GTAA to get reasonable service.

BuzzCzar

Defender of the Universe

You are such a whiney douche, please become a fan of a different team