Taxslayer Bowl Crowd

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
I saw a survey that sampled the Atlanta metro area, and about 50% were Uga fans vs. 10% Tech. Tech essentially was equal with Florida, FSU, Auburn, Clemons, and Alabama.

It's not embarrassing, it's just the way it is. We have had an uphill battle for a long time. Little home town press support, state bias in the legislature and board of regents, smaller student body who go to work outside of Atlanta, and no teaching, law, medical, journalism, etc. degrees. We do pretty damn good considering. Tell me what schools face these challenges? The closest thing to us are the academies, and that's not really like us, they're just different from the rest.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
I saw a survey that sampled the Atlanta metro area, and about 50% were Uga fans vs. 10% Tech. Tech essentially was equal with Florida, FSU, Auburn, Clemons, and Alabama.

It's not embarrassing, it's just the way it is. We have had an uphill battle for a long time. Little home town press support, state bias in the legislature and board of regents, smaller student body who go to work outside of Atlanta, and no teaching, law, medical, journalism, etc. degrees. We do pretty damn good considering. Tell me what schools face these challenges? The closest thing to us are the academies, and that's not really like us, they're just different from the rest.
I saw fans who looked like they stopped at walmart after the COFH game to get a Tech shirt for the first time and came down to greet the team. If we're consistently good we'll sway more and more sidewalk fans to join us.

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
I saw fans who looked like they stopped at walmart after the COFH game to get a Tech shirt for the first time and came down to greet the team. If we're consistently good we'll sway more and more sidewalk fans to join us.
Absolutely. Winning is the fastest way to get more fans. It's just hard to build a solid base with our challenges.

I've never seen a Tech shirt at Walmart. Where did you find one?

I've also never seen Tech shirts at Academy Sports or Dave and Barry's when they were still in business. However, you could get a sweet pair of Starbury shoes at Dave and Barry's.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I've also never seen Tech shirts at Academy Sports or Dave and Barry's when they were still in business. However, you could get a sweet pair of Starbury shoes at Dave and Barry's.
My daughter works at Academy. They have a few, but generally cheddar or gray or some other ööööty color.

I've gotten one from the one on Howell Mill before.
Thanks! I'll have to stop by there sometime.

I don't know if Dick's Sporting Goods in the Atlanta area has Tech gear, but I ordered what I thought was a cool polo shirt from their online store because it was gold with white lettering. I still like it but another StingTalker (I forget who) ordered one based on my recommendation and then got angry because his arms didn't fill out the sleeves.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Thanks! I'll have to stop by there sometime.

I don't know if Dick's Sporting Goods in the Atlanta area has Tech gear, but I ordered what I thought was a cool polo shirt from their online store because it was gold with white lettering. I still like it but another StingTalker (I forget who) ordered one based on my recommendation and then got angry because his arms didn't fill out the sleeves.
It was me and it wasn't an issue of arms not filling out the sleeves. It was an issue of the supposedly short sleeves being way too long. It's still a decent shirt. Just not as good as the UA stuff.

OmnipoTech

Jolly Good Fellow
It was me and it wasn't an issue of arms not filling out the sleeves. It was an issue of the supposedly short sleeves being way too long. It's still a decent shirt. Just not as good as the UA stuff.
Was it Cutter and Buck? Their stuff runs way big, I got a polo from them in my normal XL and the sleeves come down past my elbows, more like a 3/4 sleeve shirt.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
The wife got me a nice gold Tech hoodie with white letters at good old JC Penney for Christmas. She had gotten me one at Costco last year, but it was one of those grey ones with navy sleeves, so not ideal. Plus, it was pullover, rather than zip up. :biggrin:

BuzzCzar

Defender of the Universe
Target at Edgewood Center (off Moreland) has had Tech stuff in it for years

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Was it Cutter and Buck? Their stuff runs way big, I got a polo from them in my normal XL and the sleeves come down past my elbows, more like a 3/4 sleeve shirt.
I think Antigua. I'm tall with long arms and the sleeves go to my mid forearms almost. I think it's more of a traditional "golf shirt" where sleeves stay down and don't interfere with swing. For someone with T-Rex arms, this shirt would be the equivalent of JNCO jeans for them.