TCU and expansion...

If the ACC can't get ND, PSU, or UT right now, the conference will wait out the rest of the expansion picture. The hope would be that a first class team (like ND) misses out on a Big 10 expansion and later decides to be in a super conference.

The ACC had to grab Pitt and Cuse. At least one of those two would have been picked up by the Big 10 if the ACC waited.

Rutgers is the one I definitely do not want to see. They bring absolutely nothing to the conference. I don't even understand why we would consider adding them. If it comes down to TCU or Rutgers, I would take TCU.

TCU offers Texas like Georgia State offers Georgia. Southern Freaking Methodist offers Texas better than TCU does, and has better tradition to boot. I'd rather have Kansas than TCU, or UConn than TCU, or honestly, yeah, Rutgers than TCU.

And If my options are between UConn, Rutgers, and TCU... I'm taking TCU and one of the others. Unless someone better presents themselves.

If our only remaining options are those 3, I say we stick it out at 14. I like these 14. Especially if we go North/South and throw Miami in the North.

Lets face it, UConn and Rutgers as options sucks donkey balls. I'm looking this strictly from a football perspective. TCU is head and shoulders above either of those teams not only currently, but historically, and they give us a foothold in Texas.

Rutgers would demolish TCU this year. TCU had a few years worth of lucky run, and now they suck since their NFL guys graduated. Did you watch the Baylor game? Wow it was bad. Do I want Rutgers? Not really, but they're a better get than TCU, and at least they manage some regional cohesion, which no matter what anyone says is important.

...and the answer is who the hell knows? Everybody said Boise would crumble when they lost their last 2 coaches too.

Again, similar to a particular school we know. What is going to happen when Johnson leaves, O'Leary leaves, Friedgen leaves, etc. It all depends on how much momentum was built up while they were there.

If there is support at the AD level to maintain the progress, then they iwll find an able replacement. If not, then it will go back to an also-ran.

TCU offers Texas like Georgia State offers Georgia. Southern Freaking Methodist offers Texas better than TCU does, and has better tradition to boot. I'd rather have Kansas than TCU, or UConn than TCU, or honestly, yeah, Rutgers than TCU.

OK, now I know you are talking our your ass and partially just goading BOR, but that was an ignorant statement.

Honestly, I don't see TCU being interested unless the Big East or a merged conference of survivors loses its place at the table. But they will build back up as long as they havea good coach.

Writing a team off because of a bad game or even year is as stupid as writing off GT because it lost to Kansas.

If you have a preference for regional conferences then so be it, but know that every other major conference expanding has regional considerations as a low priority.

Back