teams improved play and composure

statelinejacket

Damn Good Rat
The jackets past two games have been a huge surprise! I thought the season was lost and while I will gladly eat my posts on Gailey's coaching I can only wonder about what took soooo... long? The play calling and schemes are a marked improvement. I only hope the apologists for the coaches can see where we was coming from in our criticsim. Even though we have had injuries we also can see the depth we had as backups. Adjustments are being made during games that was not being made before and the results are to be commendable and appreciated by us all. GT-FSU week is really looking up and I am sure everybody who supports the team is as excitied as I am. GOOO JACKETS!

It wasn't like we were not trying new things. The changes we tried early this season didn't work. Now every change we make seems to be working. The coaches might be smarter than they were 2 weeks ago, but not enough to explain the turnaround. IMHO they just kept making adjustments until they made the right ones.

The players get a lot of the credit here also because they have played their hearts out (except maybe the 2nd half of Maryland) when some teams would have started mailing it in. If they had given up we may never have known that this offense can run the spread offense very well and BOB can still mix up the playcalling with the best of them. If we play the next three like we played the last two we may still go 1-2, but there will be no regrets because our opponents will have earned the win.

Adjustments have been made all year. We made adjustments in the Clemson game and fought our way back into it with a chance to win inside the final minute. We made adjustments against BYU that enabled us to win in the 2nd half.

CG/BOB/Tenuta have been making adjustments all year. Not all of them have worked, but that's the way it goes in competitive 1-A football. Not every adjustment works out.

The problem earlier in the year was our initial game plans. They were wrong for AJ and wrong for the weather (see Clemson game). Actually, beginning with MD, we started making progress on offense. It didn't show in the score, but we moved the ball better in that game.

I have not been pleased with our coaching at different times. But overall, they've done a good job, considering the injuries and transition.

The only time I was truly disgusted with the entire team was at Maryland in the 2nd half. Outside of that half (really, quarter), we've been competitive and we haven't quit. I think this staff is instilling some intensity in these players that they lacked last year.

6-3 aint great...but it's pretty damn good considering our injuries. Let's make it 7-3.

Back