Tech Coaching Staff " Tommie Robinson"

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
Tommie Robinson

Position:Wide Receivers
Experience:1st year
Alma Mater:Troy State, 1985

Tommie Robinson begins his first season as wide receivers coach at Georgia Tech, reuniting with Tech head coach Chan Gailey. Robinson played at Troy State and worked as assistant coach with the Dallas Cowboys.

Robinson, 38, was the running back’s coach at Oklahoma State, after serving three years as an offensive assistant with Cowboys working with wide receivers and special teams.

Prior to his time in Dallas, Robinson spent four seasons at TCU and two at Utah State as a full-time assistant following a year as a graduate assistant coach at Arkansas.

Robinson, 38, has served NFL coaching internships at New Orleans, St. Louis, and the Cowboys.
A native of Phenix City, Ala., Robinson played for Gailey at Troy State, where he was a part of the 1984 Division II national champions.

He was a three-year starter at strong safety for the Trojans. He earned his bachelor’s degree in criminal justice in 1985.

After pursuing professional football, he coached on the high school level including four seasons at his alma mater, Central High in Phenix City, Ala.

He and his wife Lartonyar, have three children, Dontrell, Tawanda and Trey.

My thoughts and assessment:

He does have some experience as a wide receiver's coach in the NFL with the Cowboys. The remainder of his bio does not offer any gauge as to his effectiveness at Tech.

The only thing I have to go on here is his relationship with Gailey. I have to trust Gailey's assessment of his talents. Time will tell on this one. Maybe, someone who has seen the receivers play in the Spring Practice can offer more of an evaluation here.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Back