TECH DEFENSE ROCKS!!!

casbah62

Flats Noob
I am so proud of our defense this season... They have carried the day in every performance except 2... (the WF game aside which I now feel was an abberation and the Maryland game which I think they got sick and tired of covering offensive mistakes just got plain tired and couldn't do it anymore...)
The game I saw last night by the TECH 'D' was truly outstanding... If you had told any of us that they would hold F$U to 1 big play score and another VERY QUESTIONABLE score most of us would have felt that would have been enough to win...
IT WAS!!!
The TECH defense has returned to the field again and again this year and stopped drives, seized momentum, and literally stolen victories when defeat seemed likely... who among us 3-5 years ago would've imagined that a game with F$U would become ... a defensive struggle???
Today I am hoarse from exhorting the Defense time and again last nite to stop 'em one more time...
With out being too much of a 'basher' I for one am beginning to question the offensive coaches and some of the things I've heard from Coach Gailey and the lack of practical implementation of stated good performance reviews... namely the complete and total lack of even attempting to run the spread, no huddle offense that seems to be Suggs strength and to quote Coach Gailey... our coaches and AJ have reached a 'comfort zone' with this style where AJ is able to see the field, play to play and run a more confidant, efficiently successful offense...
Where was this scheme that allows AJ to play his best??? It was non-existant until the final drive when low and behold AJ led the team down the field with no timeouts and put us in a position to tie the score... Interception aside, it was perhaps his best performance of the night and I wonder why the coaches did not change the rythym of the game earlier in the 2nd half when it was obvious that F$U defensively was beginning to dictate the speed, flow, and rythym of our Offense...

GO JACKETS!!! THWG!!!

Totally agree. The defense was fantastic and played with a ton of heart and attitude. They were never intimidated by FSU. The big plays are bound to happen when you play that aggressive style of defense. The biggest difference this year has been that we haven't gotten enough of the turnovers and TDs that normally offset those big plays.

true GTPilot... and to the point in another post about playmakers not being on the 'D'.... we should all remember that a big playmaker is on Med Redshirt this season and will God willing return next season to play on defensive line w a 'D' that will not only be experienced but confident enough to go for it once in awhile and make a big play...
Go Jackets!!! THWG!!!

Back