Tech fails to sell out ticket allotment for UGA

Game is thanksgiving weekend, people dump them on the secondary market and prices end up below face value. No reason for a GT supporter to buy from the rival "school".

I bought a ticket through GT, as is my custom. Last time, my seat was in the lower bowl next to the band, which is about as good as you're going to get at a visiting stadium. Way better than the upper-upper deck tix I've had up there in the past. In any event, I'd much rather sit with the Tech folks than in the middle of U[sic]GA "people."

JRjr

I’ve been to all but two games in Athens since 2002. We’ve won 3. I ain’t a fool. Sitting in the comfort of my home for this one.

I’ve been to all but two games in Athens since 2002. We’ve won 3. I ain’t a fool. Sitting in the comfort of my home for this one.

So we've won half the games you've been to up there? That's not a bad ratio, considering. I've gone to every game up there since 1996, IIRC, and I've seen us win 5/11 (98, 00, 08, 14, 16). Weird how we do so much better up there than we do at home...

JRjr

So we've won half the games you've been to up there? That's not a bad ratio, considering. I've gone to every game up there since 1996, IIRC, and I've seen us win 5/11 (98, 00, 08, 14, 16). Weird how we do so much better up there than we do at home...

JRjr

It really doesn’t make sense given the environment in Athens. Maybe the weeds surrounding the field have a calming effect on our guys? I always feel like we have a fighters chance in Athens. I’ve only felt good about a home game in 2009, 2013, and 2015.

I was at the 2013 game. The first half, Bobby Dodd was rocking! Second half, not so much :/

It really doesn’t make sense given the environment in Athens.

From the stands, at least, it doesn't seem any more loud or hostile than, say, Clemson or VPI. Maybe U[sic]GA just gets lulled into a false sense of superiority by their large stadium full of SEC-sized fans.

JRjr

I was at the 2013 game. The first half, Bobby Dodd was rocking! Second half, not so much :/
That’s what happens when you go into 15 yard cushions and let them march down and score before half time because you feel comfy with a 20 pt lead

Back