Tech had Two Impressive Wins and Two........

**DONOTDELETE**

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Lopsided losses...UVA and NCState had solid seasons and dominant bowl victories so Tech must consider those quality wins. UM and UGA at the other end of the scale. To get good, I'm thinking Tech's got to really build on what they did right against UVA/NCSt. and fix the problems they had with UM/UGA. What do you think that would translate into? And everybody have a good weekend.
drinking.gif

The real problem was the other losses.
We could've one every single one of those games.

Realistically we could've finished the regular season 10-2 DESPITE being absolutely humiliated by UMD and UGA.

The close ones hurt worse, in my opinion. That UGA loss was so bad I could do nothing but laugh (and get extremely intoxicated).

I think the real thing to figure out is out to win the close ones. My fondest memory (and unfortunately also my worst memory) of last season is Tony Hollings in the 2nd half vs. BYU. That game was eerily similar to pretty much every close game we lost, but there was ONE PLAYER on that field who wanted to win that game more than anyone else. If we could get 11 guys to play with that much heart, we'll be tough to stop.

Yeah even a Dawg has to really be impressed with Hollings bursting on the scene like that. You do wonder how much different GT would have been had he stayed healthy. I thought GT losing him and Gathers was a lot like when The Dawgs lost Edwards and Bobo and Godfrey. Hard to win without your best players.

Originally posted by MeLuvUgaLongTime:
Yeah even a Dawg has to really be impressed with Hollings bursting on the scene like that. You do wonder how much different GT would have been had he stayed healthy. I thought GT losing him and Gathers was a lot like when The Dawgs lost Edwards and Bobo and Godfrey. Hard to win without your best players.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Have a good UGA buddy who made same comment you just did about Edwards, Bobo, and Godfrey.

I'm not crying over it now honestly. I've moved on. This year will be a new year. The past is the past. We can either be bitter about it or be better. That's way I look at it. Use circumstances as stepping stones or stumbling blocks.

In my mind there are a lot of things to build on that were good last year. Tony being one of them because of the way he he played before he was injured. Hope to see him back to a full recovery. He's a one of those guys that doesn't come along very often. Believe he'll come back. It's just a matter of when. Just never know with things like that though.

My sister went to UT. Was at that UT game where Edwards got hurt. Talk about changing a game in a heart beat. That injury to one player sure did in that game.

By the way MeLuv.....appreciate the good GT talk you've posted here.

Fair enough. I'd say team chemistry and discipline. Some of this will be effected by players and some by coaching but the biggest overall challenge was consistency and I think we'd have been steadier out of the gate with more of these.

And welcome to Stingtalk, CDK.

Back