Tech sold more tickets than Tennessee

cyptomcat

Hibernating
http://www.myajc.com/sports/college...hick-fil-kickoff-game/2vFjuLcjpD1cYAotXpHQoL/

Georgia Tech will have a strong presence at the Chick-fil-A Kickoff game against Tennessee. The school has sold 35,000 tickets, Peach Bowl president Gary Stokan said, significantly more than Tennessee. Tech’s original contract allotment was 30,000 tickets.

Among fans purchasing tickets through StubHub, 58 percent are from Georgia and 21 percent are from Tennessee, although there is no shortage of Volunteers fans in the state.

Go Jackets!

Should be an advantage for GT fan attendance being a late Monday night kickoff instead of weekend. Game is going to end 11:30-12. Lots of UT folks in metro Atlanta but anyone from Knoxville would likely have to take Tues off of work on their road paving crews.

I know a lot of our fans don't like Thurs night home games but it does limit the opposing team attendance even for a team like Clemson.

The river doesn't go through Atlanta.

Tennhb.jpg

Didn't their coach say that the stadium would be covered in Orange? Next you'll tell me that GT beat Kentucky and is 5-1 vs. the SEC over the last 3 years.

That's cool but I expect there will be more orange in the stands. Who cares. It'd be amazing for us if we did have more fans there. We're not the default idiot state team like they are.

That's cool but I expect there will be more orange in the stands. Who cares. It'd be amazing for us if we did have more fans there. We're not the default idiot state team like they are.

We did have more fans in the stadium in the Peach Bowl versus LSU. Of course that didn't work out so well.

Wouldn't be surprised if there were a bunch of Vol fans buying our cheap season ticket packs or sharing them with their dwag pals.

Got my tix through a big Vol donor. Expect to be in the middle of a sea of orange telling them to go home early.

It helps that a lot of our seats were autosold to season ticket holders. Hopefully we don't have people reselling them to UT fans. They'll have over 50% but it won't be a crazy majority. And they should - they're twice as big as us and probably have more alumni in ATL than we do.

It helps that a lot of our seats were autosold to season ticket holders. Hopefully we don't have people reselling them to UT fans. They'll have over 50% but it won't be a crazy majority. And they should - they're twice as big as us and probably have more alumni in ATL than we do.
I can't imagine that a Tech fan who got season tickets skips one of the best games on schedule.

On the other hand, uga fans buying our season tickets, sure...

I will personally fight anyone who calls themselves a Tech fan, bought season tix, and doesn't attend this game*

* I will allow for family emergencies

Back