Tech's bowl options now slim and none...

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
Tech\'s bowl options now slim and none...

And Slim just left town.
smile.gif

Tangerine is long shot, at best.
Tire Bowl probably goes to Clemson.
Seattle....please God, not the Seattle Bowl again.
Any other Bowls?!?.. step forward and sign in please!!!
BOO

Re: Tech\'s bowl options now slim and none...

Yep, we are in trouble...let's hope Clemson players want to visit the great Northwest or another bowl opens up for us.

IMO--if we don't beat the mutts, we shouldn't go to a bowl. It's gonna be real tough getting our fans to travel this year. Only a win over the mutts and a bowl within driving distance makes GA TECH appealing.

I disagree. We are headed for the Tire or an outside bowl. I think Clemson is a lock for the Seattle and the ACC is currently looking for a 7th bowl to put us in so that they can reward Wake. If they can't find one then we end up in the Tire Bowl.

Just my thoughts.

Originally posted by ALlives:
IMO--if we don't beat the mutts, we shouldn't go to a bowl. It's gonna be real tough getting our fans to travel this year. Only a win over the mutts and a bowl within driving distance makes GA TECH appealing.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I tend to think of our players and our seniors. Want them to go to a bowl very badly. As far as me personally as a fan which isn't what drives my feelings I will try to go to any bowl the players and seniors vote on accepting a big.

GO Jackets!

Why don't you guys (BDG and yellowjacket) stop whining. If Wake loses at MD we get one of the ACCs tie ins, period. If they win, the conference will be negotiating to get 7 spots (one more than we have now) so all teams can go. To say that our chances are slim and none is just stupid.

You could argue all the 6-6,7-5 teams do not deserve a bowl, but all the bowls exist and teams needed to fill them. Many of the bowls will be less than exciting to the fans since there are so many, but that is life in current college FB scenario. We deserve to go as much as anyone, probably more than many. So it bothers me to hear that so and so does not deserve to go cause they lost to someone, only had 7 wins, etc. Parity is contributing to much of the problem. Less than 10 div 1 major conference schools will have 2 losses or less this year. These are probably the only teams really excited about post system. Everyone thinks their team should be at the top, but only a few make it each season. 7 or 8 wins is not that bad and this team had more injuries to play through than any team I can ever remember. Therefore, I think we do deserve a bowl bid and I think it will happen.

we WILL go bowling!

NC Jacket needs to wake up...it ain't as much IF we get to a bowl it is which one....You can figure FSU is BCS...MD, VA, NCST will take Gator, Peach, and Tangerine in some mixture....Clemson will prob go to Tire in charlotte ( Tire wants 'em).
Guess what that leaves...Seattle, Tech and Wake.
I don't think anyone other than Wake (and/or a desperate Gt) wants Seattle ....we best hope (as I said) that Clemson would for some reason want Seattle or another bowl opens up.

What is the closest Bowl without a conference tie-in that might be available for Tech?
BOO

If we go to Seattle we go to Seattle. It really doesn't matter if you or I get to go, it's a bonus for the kids. IMO the Seattle bowl doesn't expect ticket sales from an east coast team anyway, it's like when the bowls were in Hawaii. They want a good TV matchup. And what I said was we are going bowling, I don't know where and don't particularly care to be honest.

No, you didn't say "we are going bowling"..you just attacked two of your fellow Tech fans. And I will bet you Dave Braine is lobbying like hell to avoid going to Seattle!

whatever, reread my post. I said stop whining, if that's attacking you, sorry.

Heard during USC/Clemson last night that there are a lot of outside bowls (with other conference tie-ins) that are empty right now due to not enough bowl eligible teams in conference. They were discussing how an SC victory could allow them to go to one of those bowls. Did anyone else hear that and if so, would the Jackets have a shot out there?

I thought the Tire Bowl was in Seattle. It takes more tread to get there!

grin.gif

I agree that when it comes to the players/coaches a bowl is a reward and it should be their decision.

I also know that in the past some teams have chosen not to participate in certain bowls. For example, I can remember the mutts letting it be known in the past that they did not want a Peach Bowl bid. I can also remember it being embarassing at times for certain teams because of the lack of fan support at the bowl. That can sometimes come back to haunt you for future bowl considerations.

Just one mans opinion

Heard that Braine said at the Lunch Bunch today that it would most likely be the Seattle Bowl
frown.gif
with a slim chance at the Music City or Independence Bowl.
BOO

Back