Ted Roof Can Coach . . .

Jerry the Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
. . . just a shout out to all of those who have continually dinegrated Ted Roof as a possible Head Coach (especially BOR). I think Ted showed what he is capable of doing as a head coach today.

I hate it had to come at our expense but we were flat out beat today by a better team. The Head Coach gets the credit in one case and the blame in the other. This game was not nearly as important to Tech as it was to Duke. It should have been but it was evident it was not.

Too inconsistent just like 70% of the other teams in the country.

Go Jackets!

It is painful to watch a team that does not want it as badly.

No excuse. I thought we had a nice little contingent in the stands, good weather, lots to be motivated for, lots of prep time.

It is one thing to lose a squeaker, quite another to get beat in every phase of the game by Duke - special teams, offense, defense, spirit, etc.

I am getting real tired of these "we should have...I should have done....blah.."

More records for the record books.

Anybody think Ted might have been worth keeping as our LB coach without a pay cut? Whadayathink Dave? THWG

I'm not voting either way, but I will say it will be more interesting when the emotions of a coaching change is not a factor (i.e. Mac bowl win.)

I remember Ted when he was a Tech player. I had my picture taken with him at a Picture Day with my sister. I was probably 8 at the time, but remember it very well. He was very nice to us, and talked to my parents for a little.
I think Ted is a great person and coach....and sexy for his age
tongue.gif
. Hope he does well at Duke.

Suzi Q

we will hover in mediocrity as long as chan is head coach at gt, we will also have 2 or 3 blowouts by other teams every season he is our head coach, get used to it or get rid of him.

TML.. I completely disagree with you .. Chan is going to do us a good job.. not that I was satisfied with Saturdays performance.. but he has already done a good job this year..

We will see how Chan is as a coach the next three games, particularly against Georgia, which all the FOC'ers are already positioning to "write off" as irrelevant.

Originally posted by jacketguy:
but he has already done a good job this year..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What???? His team has won only five games and been blown out twice!! We were taken to OT by a team that has won one game. If we finish 5-7, will he have done a good job? Part of the problem with Tech fans is the extremely low expectations they place on success for the football program. This team has the talent to win 7 minimum in a woefully weak conference.

Back