Texas, OU in ACC?

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Welcome to the board.

No, unless you ingested mushrooms prior to pondering expansion....then, like, yeah man.

WREKedinTexas

Kick the tires and light the fires!
It just seems that they would be a better fit than Syracuse or Pitt. Texas and Oklahoma both travel well.

beej67

new around here
Texas was interested in going to a 16 team pod scenario, where we kept our 12 and they added them and 3 friends, presumably TTech, Ok, Ok St. But that scenario went out the window on Sunday. That's why they're pissed off - they were trying to flirt with the ACC and drop hints about it as leverage with the Pac 10. Now it's basically either Pac 10 or nothing, because nobody else will let them keep their precious LHN.

They tried to play Swofford, and Swofford played them instead.

I'm not a Swofford fan, but the move this weekend was fantastic, presuming it leads to a north/south ACC realignment.

WREKedinTexas

I didn't hear anything out here about UT or OU being considered.

As far as fitting, there is the Dodd-Royal link and the Mac link. I know that is weak but it's something.

TheTaxJacket

Dodd-Like
Texas was considered and was considering (I still think they were just using the ACC for leverage). OU never was in the ACC talks. OU has only been associated with the PAC-12 talks.

WREKedinTexas

Several years ago Tech played a series with Baylor. We split, losing in Waco, winning in Atlanta. It was a lot of fun to get to see Tech play in this area. I would drive to Austion or Norman to games.

lonestarjacket

Dodd-Like
I also believe Texas was using the ACC for leverage, but that doesn't mean it still couldn't happen. Would be great IMO if they could come to terms.

If TCU can be in the Big EAST then Texas can claim the Gulf is an extension of the Atlantic.

Despite contrary opinions here, TCU and Texas could bring a LOT of clout and attention to the ACC. TCU is the hot property of the moment with recent success with BSU in contending they are good enough to plahy with the big boys. And Texas is, Texas.

I know I would rather have a geographically impure ACC with those Texas teams over an ACC with a couple of extra marginal eastern teams.

Of course, the panacea of Texas and ND would be cool as well. Or if we could poach PSU to reignite the rivalry with Pitt then that would be thrilling as well.

Either way, the ACC will be okay. With our without any of those teams, we still havea seat at the table for the BCS or any super-playoff.

olgoldandwhite

Dodd-Like
Texas was interested in going to a 16 team pod scenario, where we kept our 12 and they added them and 3 friends, presumably TTech, Ok, Ok St. But that scenario went out the window on Sunday. That's why they're pissed off - they were trying to flirt with the ACC and drop hints about it as leverage with the Pac 10. Now it's basically either Pac 10 or nothing, because nobody else will let them keep their precious LHN.

They tried to play Swofford, and Swofford played them instead.

I'm not a Swofford fan, but the move this weekend was fantastic, presuming it leads to a north/south ACC realignment.
What he said. Texas thought they could ramrod the ACC, just like they will try to ramrod the Pac 17.

beej67

new around here
Texas was considered and was considering (I still think they were just using the ACC for leverage). OU never was in the ACC talks. OU has only been associated with the PAC-12 talks.
Texas was trying to get Ok in on the ACC as of Friday. Went out the window Sunday obviously.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
It ain't over till .....

We need to DESPERATELY add some strong football schools.

I hope someone with some cajones realizes this.